3 pt subsoiler

/ 3 pt subsoiler #1  

qed-cat225

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Bobcat CT235
since the CT235 does not have any downward pressure control on the 3pt I assume the only way to keep the thing in the ground is by locking the lift control?

/ 3 pt subsoiler #2  
NO,most tractors don't have down pressure on the three point.Adjust you top link to dig in.And you don't WANT down pressure on your three point...lots of bad things can happen!

/ 3 pt subsoiler
I set my top link to both extremes, full in and full out, soon as i start to move forward the subsoiler pops out of the ground and does nothing

/ 3 pt subsoiler #4  
You can only lock the 3pt in the up position. The longer the toplink is the more cut the subsoiler will have.

/ 3 pt subsoiler #5  
since the CT235 does not have any downward pressure control on the 3pt I assume the only way to keep the thing in the ground is by locking the lift control?

if you look at how a subsoiler is designed, you will see that it pulls itself into the ground. Downward pressure would be absolutely useless. heres a video using mine with no down pressure obviously
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IekFVsUTQzE&list=UUSSFUkguBXBANxXL8YRZx1g&index=9&feature=plcp]tractor supply sub soiler/ sub-soiler/ subsoiler - YouTube[/ame]

/ 3 pt subsoiler #6  
You can only lock the 3pt in the up position. The longer the toplink is the more cut the subsoiler will have.

i think you mean shorter. too long it will float. shorten the toplink and it will dig down. shortening toplink and it will kick the bottom out and will put angle to dig

/ 3 pt subsoiler #7  

Other way round.
They bury more when the top link is shorter.

/ 3 pt subsoiler
well no idea my drifts right to the surface, I dug a hole even to drop it into first when starting, goes about a foot and then its just skidding on the surface....guess will have to try again

/ 3 pt subsoiler #10  
What type of ground, soil are you trying it in? I had a similar problem trying to cut a trench across a gravel drive to put electrical conduit in. Finally after digging a hole to get started in and making multiple passes across the drive it broke through the hard pack and cut my trench.

Which hole is the top link in on the tractor? Mine seems to work best when in the upper hole so the top link is level or angled down to the subsoiler, and top link length set so the vertical frame of the subsoiler is vertical/ perpendicular to ground when at desired depth.