Bobcat 225 won't turn over

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over
If all switches and fuses check OK, then next step is to determine if switch is working. When in Start position there should be 12 v at the ST terminal of the switch, it has a blue w/yellow stripe wire and feeds signal to the OPCU controller. A blue w/black stripe wire feeds signal out of the OPCU to the starter relay in the fuse/relay panel. Coming off the starter relay when it closes is red w/blue stripe wire that feeds to the "S" terminal of the starter. Follow that circuit with a voltmeter starting at the switch to identify where you are loosing power.

Dennis or anybody else,

If you have any pictures of these locations or time for more details, that would be great.

Thanks

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #12  
The switch I was referring to is under the floor directly under the hydro direction pedal. it is beside or behind the small cylinder the centers the pedal. it is about 1" by 1" about a quarter inch thick mine is baby blue colored.
Shawn

The switch I was referring to is under the floor directly under the hydro direction pedal. it is beside or behind the small cylinder the centers the pedal. it is about 1" by 1" about a quarter inch thick mine is baby blue colored.
Shawn

Thanks Dream Farmer. Mine is the same baby blue. Tonight I checked each switch for continuity at each disconnect point and that 12 V was coming to the connection. I started with switch under the travel pedal, then the seat switch, then each PTO. Every switch passed and all close the circuit for operation by the way for anyone else having problems. After each test I tried to start the tractor with no luck. I double checked battery voltage, then tested to see if I would get 12 volts at the started while my son tried to start it. To our surprise it started. No idea why. It has started every time since and I can't get it to repeat the no start condition.
Thanks Dennis and Canada as well for your suggestions.

There is an empty plug under the seat next to the 2 PTO switches that I wasn't sure what it was for and whether something had come undone from. Obviously that isn't the case. If someone knows what use that plug is for, I'm curious.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #14  
There is a plug back there for the rear work light option, tht maybe the one you saw.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #15  
I had the phantom no starting shortly after buying my tractor, same as you I tried all those switches. It turned out to be the range selector handle was in a mid position between medium and low. You could not tell by looking at the handle. Had to jiggle it a little a tractor fired right up.

Glad yours is working now. Maybe you bumped the range lever while getting off or your son bumped it while getting on and it happen to fix it.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #16  
I had the phantom no starting shortly after buying my tractor, same as you I tried all those switches. It turned out to be the range selector handle was in a mid position between medium and low. You could not tell by looking at the handle. Had to jiggle it a little a tractor fired right up.

Glad yours is working now. Maybe you bumped the range lever while getting off or your son bumped it while getting on and it happen to fix it.

I wonder what actually moved and made contact when you moved the range selector because the Bobcat 200 models do not have a switch on the range selector. I believe the Kioti has a switch there but Bobcat went with a seat switch & HST pedal switch. The CT335 and 400s use a neutral switch on the range selector but do not have HST neutral switch.

My ocassional phantom no crank has been at the PTO switch. Seems there is "sweet spot" in the switch where it breaks contact for neutral but does not light the dash light.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #17  
Piece of grass in the safety switch under the foot pedal or shifter not in proper position. I have had both cause the same problem on my 225.

Piece of grass in the safety switch under the foot pedal or shifter not in proper position. I have had both cause the same problem on my 225.

In my case, under the foot pedal switch, I cleared and checked early on. By shifter, I assume you mean High/Med/Low gear which doesn't matter on the 225 as it can be in any gear or neutral to start.

Like Doxie, the PTO has always been the culprit on no start/turnover situations, but I was always able to just tap it, and the engine would immediately turn over. In this case, none of that seemed to work.

Since I had checked each switch and voltage coming to each, my only theory at this time is that in checking voltage at the battery, maybe the connection was good enough to send 12 volts, but not good enough to send the amps needed to crank and maybe there is a sensor that senses this and then wouldn't allow any to go. By checking it, maybe I improved it. Pure conjecture on my part but it has worked flawlessly since then (knock, knock), just like before. Anymore ideas or comments appreciated.

Cheers

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #19  
This may be a stupid question, but here goes. Underneath the floorboard where the safety switch for the hydrostat pedal is, there is a L shaped brass colored "contact" that needs to be laying flat in order to let the starter engage. Have you checked it to see if it is laying flat instead of vertical? The long part of the L needs to be flat. I have had this "contact" stick on my tractor 2 or 3 times while plowing snow, and know of another tractor(not mine) that got too deep into a pond that got it clogged with mud. Yours may just need a snapped into place and lubricated to allow the starter to turn over. Sometimes the simplest fixes are the last ones thought of. Good luck!

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #20  
You will find an electrical coupling under the floorboard on the right side. Make sure the plugs are fully connected. I have had weeds pull them apart. You will have power to the dash, but it will not start.