Bobcat 225 won't turn over

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #1  

skyline

Tractor
Bobcat CT225, Kubota BX22
I got off the tractor yesterday with the brake on and it turned off. It shouldn't have but I didn't think too much of it. A few minutes later when I got on, it wouldn't turn over. Usually, this means the PTO needs a touch, they seem to be always slightly out of alignment. No luck there. I've been working it all week with no problems until now. The key did break off in the ignition last week but a screw driver has worked fine since. I don't think that is related as I get the typical soft click when I turn the key slot. Battery is good. Has anyone else had the PTO sensors go bad? I would think they are the problem except that it turned off when I got up from the seat even though the emergency brake was on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #2  
everything including range in neutral? brake locked? the deadman switch under the seat is why it shut off. what does concern me is the key broken off in the ignition... ive seen these switches go bad on several occasions w/o any help from broken keys. even after they go bad they will still power the dash and trigger the fuel solonoid. about 88 bucks to replace the switch from bobcat so id go thru everything and make sure nothing is engaged that shouldnt be and everything else in neutral even if it seems like it shouldnt matter.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #3  
Trying rocking the HST travel pedal. There are micro switches on the under side that will stop the starter if the pedal is not exactly centered. The HST pedal can be sticky and stop a return to center. Failing that...try the seat safety switch.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over
Trying rocking the HST travel pedal. There are micro switches on the under side that will stop the starter if the pedal is not exactly centered. The HST pedal can be sticky and stop a return to center. Failing that...try the seat safety switch.

Thanks for the good advice. It turns out a pebble had fallen through the floor into the rocker keeping it from coming all the way back to neutral, so that explains why it shut off when I stood up even with the brake on. Trouble is, I got that out and the pedal goes back to neutral and it still won't turn over. I think I'll try to short the PTO's and see if that does it. I don't think the pebble and seat switch could all go at the same time.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #5  
There is a 5 amp fuse for Saftey Interlock in the fuse panel, make sure this hasn't blown. Fuse feeds power to all saftey switches that have to be satisfied (send power) to controller before it will crank.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #6  
Also check to see if any of those micro switches on the under side didn't get bent out of shape by a branch or that stone.

Actuate the travel pedal and make sure the micros get closed/open properly.

My order of problem solving now a days with all the safety switches and computer stuff is:

1) Check safety switches.
2) Check power feed.
3) Check grounding.

That fixes the vast majority of problems.

There is a 5 amp fuse for Saftey Interlock in the fuse panel, make sure this hasn't blown. Fuse feeds power to all saftey switches that have to be satisfied (send power) to controller before it will crank.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I checked all the fuses in the fuse panel. All were good. I shorted the seat switch, and both PTO's one at a time and nothing worked. Plenty of power in the battery. When I turn the ignition key slot (remember, the key broke off inside, but it's been working fine for the last few weeks and all the indicator lights work), and everything seems right except that it won't turn over. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #8  
If all switches and fuses check OK, then next step is to determine if switch is working. When in Start position there should be 12 v at the ST terminal of the switch, it has a blue w/yellow stripe wire and feeds signal to the OPCU controller. A blue w/black stripe wire feeds signal out of the OPCU to the starter relay in the fuse/relay panel. Coming off the starter relay when it closes is red w/blue stripe wire that feeds to the "S" terminal of the starter. Follow that circuit with a voltmeter starting at the switch to identify where you are loosing power.

/ Bobcat 225 won't turn over #9  
I had a similar problem this past week. It ended up being a small rock wedged in the switch under the pedal.

If all switches and fuses check OK, then next step is to determine if switch is working. When in Start position there should be 12 v at the ST terminal of the switch,

SSdoxie, thanks for your help, I'm definitely new at this and could use all the help I can get.

By switch, do you mean where the key engages?
I will try to follow your description when I get back up to the tractor, but unfortunately it is stuck away from the house. Are there any safety switches besides these four:
1. Under travel pedal
2. Seat safety switch
3. Mid PTO
4. Rear PTO

and the fuses in the fuse box just right of the steering column?

I'll try to follow your description below, but if you or anybody else has pictures, feel free to post them.

it has a blue w/yellow stripe wire and feeds signal to the OPCU controller. A blue w/black stripe wire feeds signal out of the OPCU to the starter relay in the fuse/relay panel. Coming off the starter relay when it closes is red w/blue stripe wire that feeds to the "S" terminal of the starter. Follow that circuit with a voltmeter starting at the switch to identify where you are loosing power.