Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK27, 1940s Farmall A

Default Re: Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity

Someone posted on Kioti thread a while back with photos of rebuild with larger diameter cylinders. Upside is greater lift and breakaway power. The downside is slower cylinder speed and possibly higher than design pressure on loader and front axle.

Loren
    Kioti CK27 gear w/Loader
    1940s Farmall A

12 acres, wife and dog Phoebe

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

Several years ago on my DK 35 I bumped the hydraulic pressure for my loader up slightly and added larger bucket tilt cylinders (manual calls for 2300 PSI max, I bumped mine to 2450 PSI). My standard bucket tilt cylinders were 1 3/4". Replaced them with 2" cylinders.
    You gain more power with larger cylinders, but there is a definate differance in slower speed with the larger cylinders.
    I left my lift cylinders alone. The lift seems fine as is.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Silver Member
    Tractor
    CT 235

Question Re: Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by tcartwri View Post
    You don't need to. The system has enough pressure in it to significantly increase the hydraulic force. It takes about two minutes to adjust.... not that I would know on my still warrantied 235....
    So how do you go about making this adjustment? Inquiring minds want to know
    2011 CT 235 with FEL, Filled rear tires, 6 foot Land Pride Box Blade, Ansung Terra Force YJR074 tiller, Ansung Terra Force 42 inch pallet forks, Bobcat brushog, IH 1300 9 ft sickle mower, along with rear flood light on the tractor.

This thread is a bit old but winter is coming and time to handle round bales. I tried using my CT235 FEL on 1000lb bales and I could barely curl them enough to push them. But I was advised that my 3 PT has much more lifting capacity and I went and got a CAT1 bale spike for pretty cheap and the CT235 easily lifts the 1000lb hay bales that way.

LD1
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Quote Originally Posted by abatis View Post
    This thread is a bit old but winter is coming and time to handle round bales. I tried using my CT235 FEL on 1000lb bales and I could barely curl them enough to push them. But I was advised that my 3 PT has much more lifting capacity and I went and got a CAT1 bale spike for pretty cheap and the CT235 easily lifts the 1000lb hay bales that way.
    Yep. Usually the 3PH om most tractors has about 2x's the lift capacity as the FEL. The trade off is lack of lift height.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335SST

Just use caution... I have seen several folks crushed when the tractor flipped over on them.
    The big round bales scare the $&!@ out of me...
    ...I have all the answers, can you wait a minute while I ask my wife?

2010 Bobcat CT335, 5' King Kutter Hog, 5' Bush Hog Finish Mower, 14" 2 Bottom Plow, 6' V Discs, 8' Chain Link Harrow, 7' Bush Hog Back Blade

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Abatis, What were you using on the FEL to handle the bale? QA with bale fork or forks attached to bucket or pallet fork? I'm curious because due to late second crop the availabilty of 4X4 bales in my area is scarce, but I can find some 4X5 & more 5X5s and wondering what the max. I could use/handle on same loader. Mine picks and handles 4X4 with no trouble, so thinking I could go with 4X5. Not sure if I could think of going any larger. Note: these are all mixed grass bales & I have loaded tires, 600 lb. ballast, use QA bale fork.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT 235

SSdoxie;

Just wondering what weight the 4x4 bales come in at? Also, where did you purchase your bale forks and what do they weigh?

Tks
    Parkside

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

More of a guess than anything, but think the 4X4 bales run 500-600 lbs. I know they weigh just enough to lift my rear wheels before I loaded the tires and didn't have any counter ballast hooked up. The bale spear I bought used at Bobcat of Knoxville. They sell new Blue Diamond brand, these weigh around 100 lbs. I can pick it up and set it on the Bobtach without too much strain if I can't drive into it and hook up, and at age 60+ and 140 lbs, I don't have a lot of lift left in me.
    I think I could handle 4X5 if I take it easy, provided they are not rolled with a JD baler. Have been told and read on TBN the JD rolls them much tighter & heavier.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by abatis View Post
    I have a CT225, so smaller tractor, and I have lifted large round bales with my loader. Not on a hay spear, mind you, which would put the load a lot further forward and decrease the lift capacity. The bale was hanging directly beneath the bucket using some 10k ratchet straps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast