Loader Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity

/ Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity #31  
Abatis, What were you using on the FEL to handle the bale? QA with bale fork or forks attached to bucket or pallet fork? I'm curious because due to late second crop the availabilty of 4X4 bales in my area is scarce, but I can find some 4X5 & more 5X5s and wondering what the max. I could use/handle on same loader. Mine picks and handles 4X4 with no trouble, so thinking I could go with 4X5. Not sure if I could think of going any larger. Note: these are all mixed grass bales & I have loaded tires, 600 lb. ballast, use QA bale fork.

I was using the chain-on type tubular fork lift bars to (try) lift the 1000lb round bales off the hay delivery flat bed. I got them off more my dragging them off than lifting. I think those long tubes put the lift point way out there and thus the poor performance. I am now thinking to try taking my bucket off (Bob-tach) and chaining my 3PT bale spike to the FEL bracket and that will move my lift point way in compared to the fork lift tubes. By the way those chain on forklift tubes work pretty slick for most lifting needs without having to remove the bucket and are pretty strong. I may try this tonight when I get home. I only need to lift the round bales to put a feed net around them and than move them to a covered feed station I built that is 50 feet from my hay storage barn.

/ Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity #32  
If you need additional lift height, as well as capacity, you might consider getting a hay scissor for your three-point. Especially when combined with a hydraulic top link, they are very handy.

Tractor 3 Point Hitch Scissor High Lift, Hay Lift #3F, uses #3F Bale Spear

If you browse Craigslist, you can often find them used for the $100-$200 range. If you already have a spear, you can buy just the scissor separately.

/ Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity #33  
If you need additional lift height, as well as capacity, you might consider getting a hay scissor for your three-point. Especially when combined with a hydraulic top link, they are very handy.

Tractor 3 Point Hitch Scissor High Lift, Hay Lift #3F, uses #3F Bale Spear

If you browse Craigslist, you can often find them used for the $100-$200 range. If you already have a spear, you can buy just the scissor separately.

Thanks, that is another option - always learning something new!

/ Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity #34  
Happy news. It was a bit of a b*tch but I got my bucket off. The bob-tach pins had a bit of corrosion going and I had to pound them up a bit. A little lube will go their way. Anyway, I used some short chain pieces I had (@2600#) and a couple of chain binders and hooked my 3 pt bale spear on the Bob-Tach. I was easily able to lift the 60-inch diameter bales that weighed 1000 lbs a couple months ago. They are most likely a bit lighter now. But, based on the test, I may get a Bob-Tach compatible spear and have a little more flexibility on the bale handling especially unloading trailers or rig my 3pt spear to better fit the Bob-Tach. So the CT235 can lift a 1000 lb bale as rigged here.

photo4.JPGphoto3.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto1.JPG

/ Bobcat CT 235 Loader Lifting Capacity #35  
Thanks for the feedback & photos. Makes me more comfortable about moving up in bale size. Just be sure you use some ggod heavy ballast on the 3 point, not only for stabilty/saftey, but to reduce strain on the front axle. That is a lot of weight that far out even with the 1600 lb. rating at the Bobtach pivot pins.