Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Default Re: GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    I have what I call a starter kit that I sell. It has the diverter, the electrical wiring and the momentary button switch to mount on the loader joy stick. A generic mounting bracket and 12 fittings that can be used with the valve. All for just $335 + shipping cost. Normally cost around another $200 for the rest of the fittings and hoses that you will need. This way you get to route your hoses where you want them, not how someone else thinks that they should be done.
    Thanks MtnView. I thought about a diverter, but I want to go the 3rd function route. The kits cost more, but they save time as they are essentially plug and play. I'm pretty much sold on the Construction Attachment kit, but I still have time to look around a little more.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by gumshu View Post
    Thanks MtnView. I thought about a diverter, but I want to go the 3rd function route. The kits cost more, but they save time as they are essentially plug and play. I'm pretty much sold on the Construction Attachment kit, but I still have time to look around a little more.
    Remember that a true 3rd function has 2 positions, open all the way or closed. So if you do decide to go that way, you might want to get a flow restrictor of some kind.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch

Remember that a true 3rd function has 2 positions, open all the way or closed. So if you do decide to go that way, you might want to get a flow restrictor of some kind.
    On my bobcat which is also a CT235 you only have full flow in the detent position. I love my grapple that's why I went with using my 3rd function.
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Thanks MtnView. I'll ask about that. From what I've read in the instructions, the smaller D03 kits aren't as problematic as the aftermarket kits in larger tractors with pressure compensated pumps and Load sensing. This C.A kit is essentially the same configuration as the WR LONG kit which is popular. I'm still learning with much more absorb.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Banned
    Tractor
    L5450

I am in the process of buying a grapple. I added three spool valves to the back a few months ago (different tractor than yours) with an extra spool for the grapple. Once I get the grapple I will have custom hoses made. I have someone that makes them up to the length I measure off by routing a garden hose in the location I want the hydraulic hoses to go. I then use simple tye wraps to hold the hoses in place, because I am cheap.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by catdozer View Post
    On my obcat which is also a CT235 you only have full flow in the detent position. I love my grapple that's why I went with using my 3rd function.
    So what does that have to do with your 3rd function? If you are using your OEM valve to control your grapple, detent of not and then use some sort of switch to control what function it is that you are using, then you have a diverter valve. Maybe I am just misunderstanding you?
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

In your last post you were saying about getting a flow restrictor. On the bobcats you have a variable flow on your rear outlets. you only have full flow when you put the lever in the detent position. So no need for a flow restrictor. As you can feather the grapple really good.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

catdozer ,

How are you using the 3rd function, and what does it control.

We understand you use the remotes to control the grapple, and you use the feather portion of the valve, but why do you use detent on the remote valve?

A 3ed function valve has control over what it is attached to. Always full flow, but can be regulated by engine rpm to some degree.

A diverter valve switches flow from one direction to another direction. The feather part of the valve feeding the diverter can be used.

Neither one of the valves has a relief, so must be added downstream of the FEL.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Whoops I understand now. I had a brain fart! Somehow I was totally thinking the wrong way!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by catdozer View Post
    Whoops I understand now. I had a brain fart! Somehow I was totally thinking the wrong way!

Brain farts cause really bad breath

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast