GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235

/ GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235 #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
Anyone here using a grapple with rear remotes rather than a 3rd function valve on a CT2__? If so, how long are your hoses? I've seen the 3rd function valve advertised for over $800 bucks and can't justify the expense for right now. :)

/ GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235 #2  
I use my rear remotes. I have a T right off the valve.

/ GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235 #3  
   / GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235
Don't fully underatand your question, but if you have unused spool on the rear remotes, then it will take as much hose as you need to run up to the grapple cyl.

You could install a third function valve. Should not cost that much.

Check this out and see if you can use it.

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

Surplus Center - 1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER
Thanks for the information JJ. I have to brush up on hydraulics. I don't know much about it right now. I can use this info as a starting point and peice it all together rather than buying a kit for $800+ dollars.

/ GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235 #5  
I use rear remote my CT225. Bought 2 of each in 1/4" diameter 5', 6', & 8' hoses. If I remember correctly used 8' from remote to connection at the loader, 5' from loader mast to front QD then 6' to grapple cylinder. Exact lengths will vary depending on where you locate the connections and how you route under the tractor.

Thanks ssdoxie. I'll use your information when I get ready to hook up.
I just ordered the NAI 60" light duty single cylinder grapple. I spoke with Stella who gave me a great price of $929. The shipping was $256 to a business in California or residential delivery for $311. Anyway, I choose residential for a total of $1240. to my door.

It was a close call between the 48" Wildcat and the 60" NAI. I like them both. They weight about the same... 420lbs vs 425, so I went with the 60". WIldkat was great to deal with too. I spoke with Anita who gave me a price of $700 without the couplers + $342 for delivery. That is $200.00 less than what is advertised on their web site.

Anyway, the 60" NAI cost me $200 more than the Wildkat. I should have it next week sometime. I spent lots of time researching these and I'm glad that's over with.

Don't fully underatand your question, but if you have unused spool on the rear remotes, then it will take as much hose as you need to run up to the grapple cyl.

You could install a third function valve. Should not cost that much.

Check this out and see if you can use it.

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

Surplus Center - 1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER
JJ, you were right on with these parts. I'm looking at the Construction attachments "DIRECT FIT KIT" and these parts are exactly what they use. I'm going to buy their complete kit as it will save me the time of fitting it all together. They have everything fit to size already for my tractor... plug and play. Thanks again

/ GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235 #8  
I was curious how much their kit was, I didn't see any prices on their site for the direct fit kit. I have been looking for a third function kit also but $800 is a little steep for the WR Long kit. It may very well be worth it but I just don't have that kind of cash right now.

/ GRAPPLE AND REAR REMOTES ON CT235 #9  
I have what I call a starter kit that I sell. It has the diverter, the electrical wiring and the momentary button switch to mount on the loader joy stick. A generic mounting bracket and 12 fittings that can be used with the valve. All for just $335 + shipping cost. Normally cost around another $200 for the rest of the fittings and hoses that you will need. This way you get to route your hoses where you want them, not how someone else thinks that they should be done.

I was curious how much their kit was, I didn't see any prices on their site for the direct fit kit. I have been looking for a third function kit also but $800 is a little steep for the WR Long kit. It may very well be worth it but I just don't have that kind of cash right now.
galaxie428... "Construction Attachments" sells through dealers only. They referred me to a dealer who will is willing to drop ship when I get ready to buy... which will be soon. I have to first pay off the grapple & other bills. Their direct fit kit is for the CT335 with an 8TL loader for $750.. C.A. said they have only done an 8TL and 9TL. I had my dealer check with Bobcat and the fittings (Banjo Bolts) on each end of the Power Beyond line are the same for the 7TL and 8TL. Therefore, I see no reason why this kit won't work with the CT235. I'll check again with C.A before I order. Carmen Harmon at C.A was nice enough to send me the installation instructions in PDF. The hoses are cut to size for the CT335, but there is not much difference in dimensional size, so I think the fit will be fine. The setup looks cleaner to me than the WR Long kit and the switch handle is much nicer.

If you're good with hoses and fittings, J-J's post (above) was right on with respect to the valve and manifold. Those are the same parts (brand) C.A. uses in their kit. C.A also sells a Universal Kit, but I think that is just a diverter and not a true 3rd function... $686.