Ct235 does not start

/ Ct235 does not start #1  

qed-cat225

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Bobcat CT235
No issues before other than the aforementioned get off tractor with brake locked and she shuts off, now after parking her for a week, I get on and turn the key and get all the normal lights except the glow plug light, it is 100 degrees today so maybe it does not need that, anyway I sit down and here the seat switch relay engage and when i stand up it disengages, I turn the key to start and get nothing.....any thoughts? Never had this issue with my CT225 but not sure here, have some work to get done for the 4th so would like to get her going again

/ Ct235 does not start #2  
There are 2 other switches that have to be satisfied before engine will crank, the PTO off & HST pedal neutral. If either of these are out of position you will still hear the seat switch relay click but won't crank. There is "sweet spot" (or maybe a sour spot) in the PTO lever that will disengage the PTO switch but not light the light, make sure it is fully back to rear. Look under the right side platform and make sure there is no debris in or around the HST pedal switch.
Do you have mid-PTO? You can get off tractor with brakes set an rear PTO engaged but not mid-PTO. If you have mid-PTO there is a second switch added for this. Both PTO switches have to be in OFF position to crank.

/ Ct235 does not start
well she started, I think it was a weed by the hydro pedal switch

/ Ct235 does not start #4  
I have heard of that happening before on here. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I keep bumping my arm on the PTO lever, just enough to knock it off the switch but not light the light.

/ Ct235 does not start #5  

My gosh. They build these tractors to handle heavy work and tough conditions. Yet, a weed by the pedal can cause the thing not to start. Anyone else see th eirony in that situation?

MoKelly

/ Ct235 does not start #6  
MoKelly said:
My gosh. They build these tractors to handle heavy work and tough conditions. Yet, a weed by the pedal can cause the thing not to start. Anyone else see th eirony in that situation?

MoKelly

I was thinking the same thing and also wondering why they even have an HST interlock switch. The HST pedals are set to be in the neutral position as long as you're not pushing on them. I also wonder why they see the need for a seat interlock as there are many times I want to be off the tractor without stopping it(the engine that is--I don't suggest leaving a moving tractor :) ) and start it without getting on. I realise the latter may draw flak from the "safety police", but I normally start the machine that way and do other things while it warms up(e.g. remove the dog toys/bones off the lawn for mowing).

Are these interlocks Bobcat items not found on the Kioti CK? The reason I ask is because they are not on my Kioti DK. The DK does have a neutral interlock which makes sense (for me) and is not safety over-kill.

/ Ct235 does not start
all you have to do is set the brake and then you can leave it running and get off, my 1st gen Ct225 did not have a seat interlock or if it did it never worked as I could get on and off freely

/ Ct235 does not start #9  
Seat safety switch went on my CT230 at about 40 hours.
Took me about an hour to figure out that was what was keeping it from starting and running.
I unplugged it and plugged a splice of wire to complete the circuit.
No more problems.
But you do have to be religious about setting that parking brake before getting off the tractor. After all, there was a good reason for putting that switch in in the first place.

/ Ct235 does not start #10  
Safety switches are there for a reason - to protect us from our own dumb mistakes. I have had too many close ones in my time, including watching a good friend get his foot run over (crushed 4 bones - he still limps) for starting an old JD from the ground - he thought it was in neutral. It took a tree to stop it - after taking out his fence and shed.

Mine would not start yesterday either, but thanks to the information here I found the problem - wasp nest on one of the switches. Otherwise no issues since the leaks - I am back to a pretty happy owner moving a lot of horse fertilizer.