bobcat brush cutter

/ bobcat brush cutter #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
Anybody purchase the bobcat 3PT Rotary Cutter, 72" Slip Clutch? What was the price you paid. Also any-better cheap alternatives to the bobcat brush cutter. thanks

/ bobcat brush cutter #2  
I bought a HOWSE brand brush cutter with my tractor. I think about 795 and included slip clutch on drive line. I have seen some generic brand cutters at like Tractor Supply go for as low as 600 but thats about it. You may want to look on Craig's list or similar sight. Make sure that the gear box can handle horsepower of tractor- some of the lighter shredders are same diameter but use a lower rated horse power gear box due to its intended use==easier to cut grass than 1" brush--

/ bobcat brush cutter #3  
I run a 5 foot king kutter pro. So far so good. It has extra links where it hooks to 3 point arms for more travel over uneven ground. Only negative to that is not as high of lift. Hydro top link should take care of that.

/ bobcat brush cutter #4  
King Kutter is a good choice unless you are getting into rough stuff on uneven ground. A-frame and tail wheel is not the strongest. It will cut better than most on open grassland. bobcat model will cost 3 times as much.

/ bobcat brush cutter #5  
I've got a small Tebbens I originally bought for the Kubota BX I used to have. I mention it because it's been really robust in its performance and was extremely cost effective upon purchase. It's a complete gauge thicker than a Woods Brush Bull which over would consider above an economy grade. They're made somewhere in Minnesota.

/ bobcat brush cutter #6  
the bobcat one I thought was a black painted Rhino model

/ bobcat brush cutter #8  
Rhino made the Early loaders? Correct?

/ bobcat brush cutter #9  
I was under the impression kioti (dae dong) made the early ones and rhino made the replacements.

/ bobcat brush cutter #10  
rhino made the early loaders then Bobcat started making their own in 2010. I "think" the cutter is Rhino.