I Bobcat getting out of the CT business???

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #1  

1969grandpa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540
I thought I wanted a Bobcat but with Bobcat dealers dropping the CT line and now no more CT335, I am a little afraid as I might need a part or service in 10 years.

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #2  
There have been other discussions on here similar to your topic. You might do a search and read up on some of them if you are interested. This is just my speculation but I think the 335 was dropped because it was not selling very well. There is not much difference between the 3xx series and the 2xx series other than the size and costs, lift capacities were very similar. That being said, there are many on here that are plenty happy with their 335 and maybe they needed the larger size compared to the 2xx series but did not want to make the jump to the 4xx series.

As far as getting parts, the Kioti's are a very similar machine and from what I have read are interchangable. I am sure someone with more knowledge can chime in on that. Bobcat and Kioti are built in the same facility, I beleive there is another brand also that is being built there but I can't think of the name of it.

This is just my 2 cents but if I were looking for another tractor, I would not hesitate to buy another Bobcat. I have been very happy with mine and have been able to do anything (within reason) I want to with it. If you wait till the right time, Bobcat runs some pretty good deals.

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #3  
I believe the CT 335 was dropped because it wasn't tier IV pollution compliant

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #4  
I believe the CT 335 was dropped because it wasn't tier IV pollution compliant

from what I have heard (no proof) but the DK35se and the CT335 were dropped because the frame being 4 inches shorter than the DK40 size machine there was not room for the Tier IV final equipment to put on it. And in my mind at least since the DK40 machines sizes probably were better sellers, mainly due to the big honking KL401 loader they put on them that lift 2700 lbs. I like my DK35se a lot, as it is just a bit shorter and the wife had trouble getting up on the DK40 machine but with the smaller wheels/tires she can get on the DK35 with no problem. There are 4 brands made by Daedong, the Kioti, the Bobcat, McCormick, and Landini. There are some minor differences, but they are the same basic tractor.

James K0UA

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #5  
double post

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #6  
Dealer asked the Regional Rep this same question and the Rep said that everyone is asking that question. His response is nope, they are in it for the long haul. Too much money invested to back out now.

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #7  
I heard the are having a hard time getting tractors but the factory is now working overtime.

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business???
I really like the bobcat tractors better, to be honest, but the local dealer that picked them up, although he has been in business for a while, he changes brands every couple of years. I wish my local Bobcat dealer would have kept the tractor line. I'm going to spend a little more now on a Kubota, but for piece of mind, I think it's worth it.

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #9  
I really like the bobcat tractors better, to be honest, but the local dealer that picked them up, although he has been in business for a while, he changes brands every couple of years. I wish my local Bobcat dealer would have kept the tractor line. I'm going to spend a little more now on a Kubota, but for piece of mind, I think it's worth it.

My thoughts exactly... is why I bypassed mahindra,case,kioti,bobcat,cubcadet/yanmar et al and sellted on either a jd or kubota and bought a kubota again just my piece of mind...

/ I Bobcat getting out of the CT business??? #10  
Bobcat isnt getting out of the CT business however some dealers are dropping the CT line, leaving owners with no local access to parts & service. The dealer I bought my CT450 from dropped Bobcat altogether. Another local Bobcat dealer tells me that he can't order parts for the tractors because he isn't an "authorized CT dealer", but they sell everything else Bobcat offers.

Last edited: