Tractor Sizing How much?

/ How much? #1  

DNC

I'm looking at trailers to haul my CT450 and implements. What is the weight of a CT450? Any advice on trailer size would be welcomed.

/ How much? #2  
Have you looked in your owners manual or on the Bobcat website? I would think that you would be able to find out there.

/ How much? #3  
And if you have a loader, don't forget to add that in as well.

Are you looking at bumper pull trailers or goosenecks? A lot of variables to look at besides weight, including your tow rig.

/ How much? #4  
DNC said:
I'm looking at trailers to haul my CT450 and implements. What is the weight of a CT450? Any advice on trailer size would be welcomed.

Well a CT450 is pretty big, I think it's bigger than my CT335, I have a 16' and I make it work. I will get a 18 next go around, but so far the 16' does me fine.

/ How much? #5  
Don't forget to consider what you will have hanging off the back also. If you have a finish mower or tiller or something like that, you are going to need some extra lenth. I have a CT230 and with my bucket cutting edge against the front of my 20' trailer, I don't have much room left from the back of the finish mower to the end of the trailer. I am talking maybe 2-3 feet. I suspect your CT450 is a bit longer than my CT230.

/ How much? #6  
According to the Bobcat website the CT450 is 3935 lbs without a FEL or anything else. It's about 11' long without attachments.

/ How much? #7  
My DK40SE is about 21' long with the loader and bucket on and a 5' rotary mower on the back.
The open station tractor is 3900lbs, if I recall the loader and bucket is 1100lbs, loaded rears adds maybe 600-800lbs, mower is 600lbs, or my box blade is 1100lbs.
So 7000lbs isn't out of the question depending on your setup.

/ How much? #8  
   / How much? #9  
According to the OP manual, in specifications section, CT450 with Bob-Tach loader & bucket, loaded tires, and 1110 lbs. recommended rear ballast is 7340 lbs. Add 450 lbs. for cab unit. Base tractor is 3935#, loader is 985#.

/ How much? #10  
I would highly recommend at least a 20ft trailer, 10K capacity as a minimum. I have a DK40SE HST (same size as the CT450) and if I have my FEL and brush bull on, I have to pull it forward and put the bucket down over the tongue of my 18 ft trailer. Like mentioned before, what will you be pulling it with??? If you can get a goose-neck, then you could possible set your bucket on the "neck" if needed. If you can, go for 22 ft.....you'll never regret it......I'm always wishing I had a longer trailer!!!!

Some other points/tips to think about and check out.....make sure you get brakes on all 4 wheels! Double check the tire size and load rating or your tires....if a 15" tire, you'll probably be looking at a 225 - 75 - 15 D rated tires.

If you get hinged ramps on the rear, be sure to get them spring loaded!!! Makes life so much easier!!! The springs should be b/w $22 to $30 add-on if not already standard equipment. I have a friend whose trailer had vertical slide pins to hold the ramps up.....the metal was too soft and the weight of the ramps bent the pins. I added on side bars (45 degree angle) for him and he's much happier.

I have a wooden deck....7 yrs old now and still doing well though I've not maintained the wood.

Hope this helps??!!