Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How much?

I'm looking at trailers to haul my CT450 and implements. What is the weight of a CT450? Any advice on trailer size would be welcomed.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: How much?

Have you looked in your owners manual or on the Bobcat website? I would think that you would be able to find out there.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

And if you have a loader, don't forget to add that in as well.

Are you looking at bumper pull trailers or goosenecks? A lot of variables to look at besides weight, including your tow rig.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335SST

Quote Originally Posted by DNC
    I'm looking at trailers to haul my CT450 and implements. What is the weight of a CT450? Any advice on trailer size would be welcomed.
    Well a CT450 is pretty big, I think it's bigger than my CT335, I have a 16' and I make it work. I will get a 18 next go around, but so far the 16' does me fine.
    ...I have all the answers, can you wait a minute while I ask my wife?

2010 Bobcat CT335, 5' King Kutter Hog, 5' Bush Hog Finish Mower, 14" 2 Bottom Plow, 6' V Discs, 8' Chain Link Harrow, 7' Bush Hog Back Blade

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Don't forget to consider what you will have hanging off the back also. If you have a finish mower or tiller or something like that, you are going to need some extra lenth. I have a CT230 and with my bucket cutting edge against the front of my 20' trailer, I don't have much room left from the back of the finish mower to the end of the trailer. I am talking maybe 2-3 feet. I suspect your CT450 is a bit longer than my CT230.
    Bobcat CT230, Woods BH80-X Backhoe, Caroni 72" finish mower, County Line 60" tiller, 72" United Boxblade, 72" County Line rotary mower, Quick hitch

Tractor
    2012 Bobcat CT225

According to the Bobcat website the CT450 is 3935 lbs without a FEL or anything else. It's about 11' long without attachments.
    Phil

Bobcat CT225 with FEL and Bobtach.
    Landpride box blade, post hole digger and pallet forks.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST

My DK40SE is about 21' long with the loader and bucket on and a 5' rotary mower on the back.
    The open station tractor is 3900lbs, if I recall the loader and bucket is 1100lbs, loaded rears adds maybe 600-800lbs, mower is 600lbs, or my box blade is 1100lbs.
    So 7000lbs isn't out of the question depending on your setup.
    2011 DK40SE HST

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Quote Originally Posted by DNC View Post
    I'd go with a 14k goose neck or lesser expensive bumper pull... 20' foot flat deck or deck over. Personally, I like these. PJ Trailers - 6" Channel Super-Wide (B6)
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

According to the OP manual, in specifications section, CT450 with Bob-Tach loader & bucket, loaded tires, and 1110 lbs. recommended rear ballast is 7340 lbs. Add 450 lbs. for cab unit. Base tractor is 3935#, loader is 985#.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    DK40SE HST

I would highly recommend at least a 20ft trailer, 10K capacity as a minimum. I have a DK40SE HST (same size as the CT450) and if I have my FEL and brush bull on, I have to pull it forward and put the bucket down over the tongue of my 18 ft trailer. Like mentioned before, what will you be pulling it with??? If you can get a goose-neck, then you could possible set your bucket on the "neck" if needed. If you can, go for 22 ft.....you'll never regret it......I'm always wishing I had a longer trailer!!!!

Some other points/tips to think about and check out.....make sure you get brakes on all 4 wheels! Double check the tire size and load rating or your tires....if a 15" tire, you'll probably be looking at a 225 - 75 - 15 D rated tires.

If you get hinged ramps on the rear, be sure to get them spring loaded!!! Makes life so much easier!!! The springs should be b/w $22 to $30 add-on if not already standard equipment. I have a friend whose trailer had vertical slide pins to hold the ramps up.....the metal was too soft and the weight of the ramps bent the pins. I added on side bars (45 degree angle) for him and he's much happier.

I have a wooden deck....7 yrs old now and still doing well though I've not maintained the wood.

Hope this helps??!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast