CT335 Filters and fluids

/ CT335 Filters and fluids #1  

demoman357

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335, Case 480C
I know that this has been in many previous threads but a renewal of information may be useful now.
Many have bemoaned the prices of Bobcat filters and rightly so. The only reason to charge $100 or more for a filter is greed.
I have taken the time to check most all of the filter manufactures to see if I could cross reference something. I was not successful for the hydraulic filter and the hydrostatic filter. After carefully measuring the original filters dimensions and build characteristics, (I was unable to measure flow and pressure limits), I went about trying to find a suitable replacement to OEM filters. There are none. Bobcat filters are made in Korea and are good filters. There may be some added cost in additional shipping but not to the prices asked. It turns out that the largest variable in cost is the greed of the dealership.

In September 2011 I purchased a hydrostatic filter (part number 7002299) from Pape Equipment (an Oregon Bobcat dealer) for $92. In August 2012 that same filter is $131. After shopping around and reading threads on Tractorbynet, I located Wallace Tractor & Equipment, a dealer in Pennsylvania, that sold it for $90.89. I called the Oregon dealer and asked them to match the price but they said no, that price was below their cost and the PA dealer must be pushing aftermarket parts. Yesterday I received the filters from PA and they are OEM Bobcat parts.

Previous posts have made good points about using the very expensive Bobcat hydraulic fluid until the warranty runs outs. I have used a good quality Conoco product (after checking the specifications) from the 100 hour point on. It was a decision that I made due to the heavy cost of fluids at the dealer. I have had no problems at all and am now at 300 hours.

Bottom line: Total OEM fluids and filters cost from the Oregon dealership: $619.67
Same from the Pennsylvania dealer with non-OEM fluids: $277.12

We as consumers must communicate our dislike of greed to the seller and hope they notice when we shop elsewhere.

/ CT335 Filters and fluids #2  
I have two dealers within 40 min north and south of me, I bought my tractor at the north dealership because they were cheaper and actually had the tractor in stock but when I went to look for filters, the south dealership was quite a bit less than the north for their filters. For fluid, I also use the Conoco PowerTran and have not had any issues.

/ CT335 Filters and fluids #3  
Just going to do my 50 hour service on my unit as well. My CT335 is a SST tranny model and the dealer sold me two hydraulic filters one of which is that #7002299 part number which was $116.00. Looks like my tractor which isn't hydrostatic tranny equipped doesn't need that filter? I only see the oil filter on the engine, and a large hydraulic filter below the right rear wheel. Is there another filter hidden somewhere I am not aware of?

/ CT335 Filters and fluids #4  
Just going to do my 50 hour service on my unit as well. My CT335 is a SST tranny model and the dealer sold me two hydraulic filters one of which is that #7002299 part number which was $116.00. Looks like my tractor which isn't hydrostatic tranny equipped doesn't need that filter? I only see the oil filter on the engine, and a large hydraulic filter below the right rear wheel. Is there another filter hidden somewhere I am not aware of?

That extra one is for a HST tractor. Dealer should reimburse you for it.

/ CT335 Filters and fluids #5  
Just did a full fluid change yesterday on mine. All three filters $88.38. I was kind of surprise when I pulled into the dealership..I am so used to seeing rows of white equipment, but now he is handling Kioti so there was an row of orange. The parts guy said that Kioti is partnering up with Bobcat so dealers will have Tractors to sell.

I laughed when I opened up the Hyd filter boxes because both of those filters were orange.

Shawn