Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired

/ Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired #1  

airbusdriver

Tractor
CT440 FEL w/Cab
CT440 front axle problem. Engaged front wheel assist, started to move forward and immediately heard loud crack and fluid started to spew from right front differential housing. :eek: Had a 400lb load on the bucket at the time. 736 hrs, 3 years and 3 weeks since new. Anyone have similar problems? Dealer has been good up til now. Will see on Monday how good they really are! Wish me luck.:(

/ Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired #2  
I HOPE your dealer will work with you on this problem, good luck.

/ Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired #3  
CT440 front axle problem. Engaged front wheel assist, started to move forward and immediately heard loud crack and fluid started to spew from right front differential housing. :eek: Had a 400lb load on the bucket at the time. 736 hrs, 3 years and 3 weeks since new. Anyone have similar problems? Dealer has been good up til now. Will see on Monday how good they really are! Wish me luck.:(
Wow! Sounds like bad luck. I haven't heard other similar issues. A 400# load is peanuts. I'd expect something like that to happen with a 4000# load. good luck.

/ Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired #4  
Make sure that your dealer gets in contact with his Bobcat Service Rep and explains the situtation to him.
Sometimes the rep can help. Maybe not, but maybe covering the parts or the labor will help. It is usually a judgment call on his part. And I've seen them have a little more latitude that other mfg's reps.

/ Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired #5  
have you found out anything yet?

/ Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired
have you found out anything yet?

Well, Diagnosis was broken axle, bearing toast, bevel gear cracked, seals destroyed. Total bill with tax about $2400. Bobcat refused to budge on the warranty.:mad: The dealer however did everything they could to bring the price down. Gave me the parts at cost knocked off some labor costs and it comes in just over $1500. This included picking up and dropping off with their trailer. One week down time but I'm now back in business. Still a little pissed that Bobcat wouldn't budge. Only 750 hours on the unit so I'm hoping this is an isolated incident. Further notes, I'm finding the Bobcat tires are absolute crap. I will need to replace my fronts soon and the rears are cracking badly. If you're wondering I check the pressure weekly and no foam or fluid is used.
Thanks for your concerns.

Dave
:cool2:

P.S. Also forgot to add, I found my tractor had a little bonus service work done as well, everything greased up, clutch adjusted and clean upon it's return. My Winnipeg dealer seems to really be trying to please!

/ Catastrophic failure 3 weeks after warranty expired #7  
Sorry to hear about your experience, I had John Deere deny one and cover another both out of warranty, just sometimes seems to be no rhyme or reason, glad you got it fixed.