Grease Fittings

/ Grease Fittings #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
I have a couple of fittings that are not taking grease. I plan on replacing them. What is the thread size?

/ Grease Fittings #2  
Loader or tactor zerks? Don't know the thread sizes but loader is USA built, probably SAE NPT thread while tractor is likely metric.

/ Grease Fittings
I know there are a lot of choices. I am trying to narrow it down. i am going to need to replace the ones pointing down on the front axle of a 225.

/ Grease Fittings #5  
AS Mike said there are a few different sizes, what he left out is "on our tractor". So take them out and find out which size the ones you have are. I found Metric, NPT and SAE on my tractor and implements.

/ Grease Fittings #6  
I found Metric, NPT and SAE on my tractor and implements
Yep, my Jinma had mostly 1/8"npt and a couple 1/4" unf, the backhoe had terrible 1/8"npt, my loader,a Koyker had I think 1/8npt....Mike

/ Grease Fittings #7  
They will more than likely be metric. I have a DK40SE HST and the 2 of mine under the axle will rarely take grease. The tolerance is extremely tight! Your fittings are probably okay. I believe the threading is a 1.5 spacing vs a 1. Get a thread gauge from fastenal or hardware store and check the thread spacing when you take it out. Be careful of the pressure when you take the fitting off. Hope this helps?

/ Grease Fittings #8  
Head on down to Harbor Freight and buy the plastic bin box that has every size and angle for under ten bucks.

/ Grease Fittings #9  
I've had several zerks refuse grease. This was on a FEL and there was a removable pin which was being greased by the zerk....I removed the pin just enough to see the bottom of the zerk...then was able to insert grease...drove pin back in and now the entire assembly takes grease again.

Point is, problem may be not with zerk itself but rather caked grease inside...so, if you can get to the fitting under the zerk, you may be able to resolve the problem...worth thinking about...when I simply replaced the zerk, it still wouldn't take grease...had to mess with the pin.

I have two of the HF plastic bins...one metric and one SAE...grease zerks. Yes, yours are likely metric.

/ Grease Fittings #10  
My ck35 takes mostly BPT