Bobcat to discontinue Tractors?

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #11  
It is a shame, but I can't recall ever seeing a Bobcat tractor except on a dealer's lot.

IMG_0843.jpg

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #12  
Joshua, I would not sweat it, it is a Kioti with white paint, I reckon you will be able to get parts for as long as you own it.

James K0UA

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #13  
I'm not sweating it, James. I'm sure the Bobcat dealer will continue to support his loyal customers :confused2: Now let's start a thread on how I can strip the paint off all my body panels and paint them Kioti orange.

This does explain why, two days ago, when I went in to buy the stuff for my 50-hour service, the sales guy tried to sell me a bunch of 3ph implements at "dealer cost." Once they don't sell CUTs anymore, they won't have any use for 3ph stuff.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #14  
I expect there will be some "good deals" to be had.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #15  
Another source for parts is McCormick. Their X10 models are the same Daedong tractors.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #16  
I bought my Kioti from Wallace in 2008- he left Kioti-or Kioti left him in 2010- and he went to BobCat. I wonder where that leaves him. I know he diversified to other products and has been busy according to his posts. I hope he does well, but I am still annoyed that he could not arrange to stay with Kioti. I am sure there are going to be a lot of BobCat CUT owners PO'd as well. Now they have to go with hat in hand to the nearest Kioti dealer for help.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #17  
Now they have to go with hat in hand to the nearest Kioti dealer for help.

Really? I wouldn't assume that just because Bobcat isn't going to sell anymore, that they won't continue to support existing customers. For heck's sake, I'm still under warranty!

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #18  
Bobcat is known to handle parts. If you had a 30 year old bobcat. You could walk in and buy just about every part. If they do drop the tractors I'm not worried at all if I need parts.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #19  
Doesn't surprise me, it's been rumored for years.

Local dealer always seemed to have the same units on the lot. I spoke to them before buying my Kubota and got the impression that compact tractors were a bit of a thorn in the side and they weren't really wanting to talk or deal. Ours sells Ferris mowers as well, which much like the CUTs, doesnt really seem like a good fit.

Their core business are skids and excavators, commercial equipment

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #20  
I spoke to them before buying my Kubota and got the impression that compact tractors were a bit of a thorn in the side and they weren't really wanting to talk or deal.

I kind of got the same impression from my dealer. The sales guy seemed kind of disinterested in the CUTs, but I figured it was just him trying to play it cool on the sale as a bargaining tactic.