Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Default Re: Bobcat to discontinue Tractors?

Unlike some brands that flee the USA and leave orphans, Bobcat still has a reputation to uphold. I am sure they will honor warranties. But of course the way things are set up, Bobcat gets reimbursed from the OEM (Daedong/Kioti) for warranty failures. So a rift between the two will likely mean increased prices for parts and I doubt you will see much in the way of goodwill warranty coverage for questionable issues. Daedong has nothing to gain by holding down prices and being a hero on a questionable warranty. And as long as Kioti is still selling in North America you have a backup plan for parts.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Some of the parts are Bobcat specific. If Bobcat in years to come would stop carrying parts hopefully Kioti would have them.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    Some of the parts are Bobcat specific. If Bobcat in years to come would stop carrying parts hopefully Kioti would have them.
    Which ones? The loaders are made by Rhino (I believe) and the tractor by Daedong. Other than touch up paint and decals, parts should be around a long time.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

There can't be much that is Bobcat specific. Obviously paint and decals. Seats, tires, wheels and loaders may be sourced differently, but that is just hardware for the most part and not tractor specific. If you own a Bobcat, I wouldn't worry.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Kubota L3540

I posted my concerns about this back in July and I'm glad I went with a kubota. I was sooooooo close to getting a Bobcat but after doing some research and finding out that Bobcat dealers were dropping the tractor line and Joes tractors, taxidermy and used cars were picking them up, I started to wonder why. Talked to the bride and we decided that if the Bobcat dealers don't believe in them, it might be a good idea to spend a little more $ and get a Kubota. Glad I did, now.
    Chris
    2012 Kubota L 3540 w/ paddle shifter
    3rd function valve for the CA 72" root grapple
    PTO generator
    hay Speer, forks, yada yada yada
    Toro Z Master commercial mower

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335SST

Quote Originally Posted by 1969grandpa
    I posted my concerns about this back in July and I'm glad I went with a kubota. I was sooooooo close to getting a Bobcat but after doing some research and finding out that Bobcat dealers were dropping the tractor line and Joes tractors, taxidermy and used cars were picking them up, I started to wonder why. Talked to the bride and we decided that if the Bobcat dealers don't believe in them, it might be a good idea to spend a little more $ and get a Kubota. Glad I did, now.
    I hear that... I was going to buy the Kioti, in a way I still did... Just a white one.
    ...I have all the answers, can you wait a minute while I ask my wife?

2010 Bobcat CT335, 5' King Kutter Hog, 5' Bush Hog Finish Mower, 14" 2 Bottom Plow, 6' V Discs, 8' Chain Link Harrow, 7' Bush Hog Back Blade

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Which ones? The loaders are made by Rhino (I believe) and the tractor by Daedong. Other than touch up paint and decals, parts should be around a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    There can't be much that is Bobcat specific. Obviously paint and decals. Seats, tires, wheels and loaders may be sourced differently, but that is just hardware for the most part and not tractor specific. If you own a Bobcat, I wouldn't worry.
    The the seat, steering wheels, wiring and I think some other electrical components and probably more that I can't think of or don't know about. SSdoxie named off a list of stuff one time. The loaders for a while were rhino but now they make their own. What about all of the Bobcat attachments, like a snow blower, I know they were different than the Kioti. I don't know about the MMM or snow plow. They had their own quick hitch for the snow blower and blade. I don't know about some of the dealer installed options like a work light or canopy but you could go with a aftermarket.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

I don't as an issue in the future. Those parts that are Bobcat specific fall into 2 catagories. 1- Items Bobcat purchases direct and installed in the U.S (seat, wheels, tires, etc) come from suppliers Bobcat has been doing business with for years buying simialr items for the construction equipment. 2- Those specific parts installed by Daedong at the factory; Daedong purchases these items from same suppliers used for Kioti so they have could, if need be, make these part numbers available to Kioti dealers. Daedong has agreed to continue supplying Bobcat with replacement parts for long term, well beyond the 7 year fedral law. Daedong's name is on that tractor too, on the serial plate, and they have reputation to uphold as well because almost everyone knows they make the Kioti brand.
    Attachments are the same, either Bobcat built so can easily make additional parts or come from supplier that also builds for the contruction side of the business so contracts and parts availablity are still there.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 Bobcat CT235

I talked to my dealer, he said parts will be available for 10 years....

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 Bobcat CT235

the whole reason I went "white" in the first place, three dealers within 20 miles and at that time not a SINGLE Kioti dealer in WI, now that has changed but they are still 90 miles away....most run out of car dealers or hardware shops with no history of tractors

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast