Bobcat to discontinue Tractors?

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #51  
SSdoxie said:
The CT335 is a shortened & narrowed version of the 440 with 3 cylinder engine. It has the same hydraulic pumps, HST, and transmission as the 400 models. Unless you need more HP or FEL capacity there would be no advantage to trading up.

I could use the extra hp.. And lift capacity is always a nicer thing... But all I really do is brush hog the fields, and move a bucket of gravel/dirt when needed. I think I'm in pretty good shape with the CT335... But if I could find a deal on a new 445 I may make the move?

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #52  
I could use the extra hp.. And lift capacity is always a nicer thing... But all I really do is brush hog the fields, and move a bucket of gravel/dirt when needed. I think I'm in pretty good shape with the CT335... But if I could find a deal on a new 445 I may make the move?

There's very little difference between the 335 and 440 in hp, 38 to 40 I believe. On the Kioti side, there's a huge bump in FEL capacity between the DK35 and DK40/45/50, from about 1600 to 2700 and that is what I was more interested in. I don't believe the FEL on the 440/445/450 match up with the DK40/45/50.

Yes, the CT225/230/235 - CK27/30/35 are very nice tractors. I have noticed a huge difference moving up CT445 -DK45 in just about every aspect of the tractor. I also went from the Kioti comfort cab (dealer installed) to the full factory cab, and as nice as the comfort cab was, there's no comparison.

P1017094.JPGP1017096.JPGP1017097.JPG

Getting back to the topic of the thread, I don't think Bobcat owners gained with the announcement, but I don't think they lost much either unless they weren't satisfied with their tractor and were looking to trade up or down. With the sure to come clearance of new Bobcat tractors and the fact that they're discontinuing them, resale values are going to take a hit in the near future, but give it a little time and they'll be back to what they should be in a year or two.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #53  
Several dealers on here have said you are looking at 3k more for a tractor in the 30-40 horsepower range.

Sorry, I missed this the first go around. I have no special knowledge of what's going to happen but using common sense, it just doesn't add up. What do you think the current cost of a 30hp engine is for a manufacturer? I don't really know, but working backwards from the sticker price that we pay, it can't be any more then 3K. (20K tractor minus profit for dealer, profit for manufacturer, warranty costs, shipping costs, all the other parts of the tactor etc). Is Tier 4 going to DOUBLE the cost of an engine? No, I don't believe that for a minute. If the manufactures were to add in all the costs of R&D in the first year to cover the costs, then maybe, but we all know that's not how it works.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #54  
Is Tier 4 going to DOUBLE the cost of an engine? No, I don't believe that for a minute. If the manufactures were to add in all the costs of R&D in the first year to cover the costs, then maybe, but we all know that's not how it works.

Tier4 will involve the engine AND the add ons to make the engine release sweet smelling exhaust.
Bare engine price will go up some I'm sure, to deal with higher operating temps BUT the support systems are going to be the pricy bits.
Catalytic Convertors, DEF systems, Computers, sensors etc to monitor the exhaust output etc of machine is what is going to be so costly.
Plus they will have to redesign alot of other stuff to fit all of this into a pleasing package.
Believe me, NONE of us are looking forward to this, dealers, manufacturers and of course customers LOL

Dealers are at the mercy of manufacturers, for us it's what they say goes.

BTI

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #55  
BTI said:
Tier4 will involve the engine AND the add ons to make the engine release sweet smelling exhaust.
Bare engine price will go up some I'm sure, to deal with higher operating temps BUT the support systems are going to be the pricy bits.
Catalytic Convertors, DEF systems, Computers, sensors etc to monitor the exhaust output etc of machine is what is going to be so costly.
Plus they will have to redesign alot of other stuff to fit all of this into a pleasing package.
Believe me, NONE of us are looking forward to this, dealers, manufacturers and of course customers LOL

Dealers are at the mercy of manufacturers, for us it's what they say goes.

BTI

Plus they probably have to get epa approval.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #56  
Do you think the cost is going to be in the 2-6k range like suggested?

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #57  

We have no clue, it's really a complete guessing game for all until we get a price sheet.
We know they will go up, but don't know how much.
It's all speculation at this point.

BTI

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #58  

We have no clue, it's really a complete guessing game for all until we get a price sheet.
We know they will go up, but don't know how much.
It's all speculation at this point.

BTI

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #60  
Wow! I think as current owners we should be very happy with what we have and enjoy the fact that we came in right before this wonderful tax the EPA has pushed on the public!