Bobcat values

/ Bobcat values #1  

SABULA FARMER

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335SST
Well I guess this just sucks but lets face it we all took a gamble and lost. I know our bobcats are kioti's in reality but... We have lost a lot of resale value.
I'd like to know what most of you owners are thinking? Are you going to try and dump your tractor or keep it?
Rick what is your thoughts?

/ Bobcat values #2  
I'm not worried at all. They are still a great machine. So bobcat is gonna drop the tractor line!, it's not like bobcat is going out of business and never heard of, bobcat is a trusted brand and will always back what they make!

/ Bobcat values
I see your point to an extent. I agree that it's a good machine. But that said.... I'm more concerned with parts. Sure they have to have parts for them for what 7 years? Then what? Wait weeks or possibly months for parts that can't be found or possibly price gouging? I think it's a issue that needs to be addressed.

/ Bobcat values #4  
SABULA FARMER said:
I see your point to an extent. I agree that it's a good machine. But that said.... I'm more concerned with parts. Sure they have to have parts for them for what 7 years? Then what? Wait weeks or possibly months for parts that can't be found or possibly price gouging? I think it's a issue that needs to be addressed.

I can relate, my dad has owned bobcats for over 25 years to this day you can walk in and still get every part for any machine he's owned. He remembers when bobcat made ride on Trenchers and when they discontinued them they kept parts on hand. How bout the wheel loaders they used to make. Walk in say you need a driveshaft for the front end. They can have it for you next day.

Really, Bobcat not having parts is one of the last things I will worry about.
Heck if my tractor was in an accident or got totaled I would go out and purchase another bobcat tractor. Bobcat cares about customers, it's just up to the dealer to help us to!

/ Bobcat values #5  
I'm definitely not going to try to resell. I'm only about four months into the loan and there's no way I could recoup. Besides, I like my tractor very much! Regarding parts availability, I am relying on the fact that Kioti is a much more established brand, and should continue to be around for a while. I'm sure if Bobcat starts letting me down, the "nearby" (okay--about an hour away) Kioti dealer will be happy for my business, and won't mind the difference in my tractor's paint one bit.

/ Bobcat values
catdozer said:
I can relate, my dad has owned bobcats for over 25 years to this day you can walk in and still get every part for any machine he's owned. He remembers when bobcat made ride on Trenchers and when they discontinued them they kept parts on hand. How bout the wheel loaders they used to make. Walk in say you need a driveshaft for the front end. They can have it for you next day.

Really, Bobcat not having parts is one of the last things I will worry about.
Heck if my tractor was in an accident or got totaled I would go out and purchase another bobcat tractor. Bobcat cares about customers, it's just up to the dealer to help us to!

Yes.... I also like my tractor. I guess I'm just more shocked than anything over this. I plan on keeping my machine for many years to come, I hope you are right about parts availability. You kind of set my mind to ease.

/ Bobcat values #7  
On the other hand, they will be collectors items!

/ Bobcat values #8  
Well I guess this just sucks but lets face it we all took a gamble and lost. I know our bobcats are kioti's in reality but... We have lost a lot of resale value.
I'd like to know what most of you owners are thinking? Are you going to try and dump your tractor or keep it?
Rick what is your thoughts?

I've been real busy with projects on the house the last couple of months and only just logged in this morning to read the news that Bobcat is quitting CUTs. That is disappointing to me, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be keeping my ct335. I put about 20 hours on it in the last month just hauling debris from reroofing my house and tearing down three chimneys. It is very handy and was a great value when I bought it, and it should last me for quite a while.

I do plan to stop in and talk to my selling dealer about long-term support for parts and maintenance items. They have been good to me over the lat two years. One of their employees lives only a couple miles away and they have even delivered oil and filters to my house at no extra charge. Heck, I might even test the waters on an upgrade to see if they are trying to dump any remaining inventory that interests me.

/ Bobcat values #9  
I 'm just really surprised. I think it is a bit short sighted. They brought out the tractor line and the economy fell off a cliff. I think slow sales were a given. My J.D. dealer is not moving anything either. Everyone who saw my tractor liked it and asked questions about it. I think giving up so quickly is a mistake. I think they were set up to become a player in the market.

/ Bobcat values #10  
I am not worried about resale or parts. Bobcat is a great franchise and the machines will have parts according to Bobcat (great advantage with Kiota still building). Anyway how many people really buy a CUT with resale price as part of the equation. I depreciate a machine like this with zero value at 5 years. It may last 20 or more as the new machines like the Bobcats are so much better engineered than then models that have lasted 20 plus years like a Ford or MF you see on Craigslist. I am happy to have a machine that does the job and will not have the tier 4 maintenance issues that are coming. Wait until you spill some urea while filling your urea injection tank on a tier 4 - sweet.