Shuttle shift CT335

/ Shuttle shift CT335 #1  

SABULA FARMER

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335SST
I still am not understanding this shuttle shift... Do you need to come to a stop before shifting from forward to reverse? I do come to a stop but have read that it's not necessary? True or not?

/ Shuttle shift CT335 #2  
The shuttle on your CT335 is syncronized, so you do not need to be at a complete stop.
But forward/reversing while moving is harder on the syncronizers IMO so stopping is better/easier on the machine.
I come to a stop to forward/reverse on my DK 35.

/ Shuttle shift CT335 #3  
The shuttle is synchronized so you don't have to be at complete stop when you move the lever to change direction, but try to picture the stresses on the drive system if the tractor is still moving rolling one direction and you let out the clutch to go opposite. All the wieght/energy of the tractor is going one way, now the drive system is immediately trying to force it opposite direction. If no other stress damage ever occurs, you will wear the clutch out sooner.
You may be able to push in the clutch and shift while rolling, but come to a stop (or very close to it) before letting the clutch out.

/ Shuttle shift CT335
Okay, I appreciate the info/advice...

I always do come to a stop prior to shifting gears or direction... It's all good!