Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    CT 235

Default Re: CT235 Tiller capabilities

This tiller is sweet. Once I got it sorted out it works beautifully. It does not load the tractor at all, even in hard pack. Makes me wonder if I should trade up to the YJR074 unit the dealer has. It only 200 more and weighs more, making it less bouncy. Thoughts on going bigger? The smaller unit I currently have just covers the tire tracks.
    Just wondering.
    Thanks
    2011 CT 235 with FEL, Filled rear tires, 6 foot Land Pride Box Blade, Ansung Terra Force YJR074 tiller, Ansung Terra Force 42 inch pallet forks, Bobcat brushog, IH 1300 9 ft sickle mower, along with rear flood light on the tractor.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    This tiller is sweet. Once I got it sorted out it works beautifully. It does not load the tractor at all, even in hard pack. Makes me wonder if I should trade up to the YJR074 unit the dealer has. It only 200 more and weighs more, making it less bouncy. Thoughts on going bigger? The smaller unit I currently have just covers the tire tracks.
    Just wondering.
    Thanks
    See post #2. I told you it would handle the 72"
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    CT 235

I'm going to sleep on it.

One thing is for sure this is the best thing I have gotten yet for my tractor. Did in minutes what took me an hour walking behind my Troybuilt 8 HP Horse unit - and my back feels great.
    2011 CT 235 with FEL, Filled rear tires, 6 foot Land Pride Box Blade, Ansung Terra Force YJR074 tiller, Ansung Terra Force 42 inch pallet forks, Bobcat brushog, IH 1300 9 ft sickle mower, along with rear flood light on the tractor.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    CT 235

SSdoxie - I cant thank you enough. I went and traded up to the Ansung Terra Force YJR074

Well folks after using the YJR062 for about 4 hours yesterday in tough dry clay and after thinking about what SSdoxie said I decided to upgrade. I went back and got the other used YJR074 Terra Force - made by Ansung - that he was willing to swap out with full credit for the YJR062 price. This model weighs over 900 lbs and is absolutely a dream to operate, even sweeter than the YJR062. The unit is 74 inches wide and covers the tire tracks - a must. This is a monster unit and the dealer was very concerned that my CT 235 would handle it - they sell kubota's. Well I can say for sure, even at altitude, the CT235 can with ease. It only slightly loaded the tractor at 8 inches deep. The trick is to just slow down and let it work.

As the dealer was very concerned the unit was too big for my tractor, I called and told him how well it worked, especially in very hard dry clay. They were very surprised. When I was picking it up another man was asking if his equivalent Kubota tractor could handle it. Dealer did not recommend it to him. I don't think his was a hydrostatic. As mine is I just slowed down and let it work. Sweet - no bounce, or loading on my tractor - it just tilled beautifully. This thing is very smooth in its operation too.. The tiller is very well made with plate steel through out. Welds, tines and everything is heavy duty.

If your curious look them up here.
    Ansung USA - Product - Rotary Tiller - YJR Series
    Best new pricing I found for them and others is here.
    McGee Farm Equipment, Inc.
    These folks helped me a lot with many questions on tillers and pallet forks, even though I did not buy from them as I found a used unit.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12