Buying Advice Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #11  
It's too bad, even Bobcat is lowballing their trade-in offers on their tractors. I made a call a few weeks ago to look into trading in my CT122 for a new CT335, and the offer they gave me on my one year old tractor was ludicrous!!! He actually didn't even want to tell me the offer! My dealer, whom I really like, told me to try and sell it privately, and come see him in the spring when they'll be selling tractors for 50 cents on the dollar. Its sad, but if we wait a few months there might be opportunities for great deals!

The 335 was discontinued so if they sell that one they would probably have to locate one at another dealer.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #12  
Pierpont, What do you want for your Bobcat? My son is in northwest CT and is looking for a used tractor. He would not be afraid of the orphan status.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #13  
The 335 was discontinued so if they sell that one they would probably have to locate one at another dealer.

Yeah, how about that! I wanted to trade my "orphan tractor" for a "double orphan"!!! I don't need a bigger tractor whatsoever, but the CT335 and 440 cabbed would be sooo nice!

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #14  
Be glad you don't have a Montana brand tractor.

I guess that comment is strictly concerning resale value. Although I would think spending a little time educating a potential buyer can make that less of an issue than most seem to think. Which is exactly what the dealer will do to get the price up.
As far as Montana parts availability and quality... I have had -0- problems. LS stocks all the Montana green body parts along with their blue body parts. A lot of the mechanical, electrical and even some body parts are the same as on current LS's. And the prices I've paid are well within reason. Comparing Montana's and Bobcat's situation... I don't see much difference... other than the Bobcat name. I'm sure that has to be worth a nickle or two.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.
On Tuesday I spoke with a Bobcat dealer about a possible trade or consignment sale of my ct230. He was not very interested nor optimistic. While they sell a wide range of Bobcat brand equipment, the Dealer indicated that they were not going to order anymore compact tractors for inventory and that they were not very interested in trying to locate a larger tractor for me. "We're Done!" with the compacts was his comment.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #16  
On Tuesday I spoke with a Bobcat dealer about a possible trade or consignment sale of my ct230. He was not very interested nor optimistic. While they sell a wide range of Bobcat brand equipment, the Dealer indicated that they were not going to order anymore compact tractors for inventory and that they were not very interested in trying to locate a larger tractor for me. "We're Done!" with the compacts was his comment.

Wow! While Bobcat might stand behind them, it doesn't look like the dealers are. I think the BCs are good tractors. But, anyone that wants to sell theirs had best consider private sale. And buyers need to understand what they buying into. OK for some; maybe not for others.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #17  
OK, so you go down to the Kioti dealership and get a few decals, then to your paint supplier and get some Kioti orange, then after a good spray paint job... Who would know? Oh sure I know there are a few minor details, fraud and all of that, but... just saying:)

James K0UA

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #18  
IMHO, it's nuts to take a giant hit. Bobcat dealers aren't interested in your tractor and that's exactly why Bobcat is getting out of tractors. Dealers sell construction equipment not ag. equipment and there's very little cross sales between the two types of equipment, it never was a good fit for Bobcat. They don't know tractors, and they don't want to know tractors.

Sell privately, these dealers are selling you a line.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #19  
To the OP, Rather than having us speculate on what crazy offers you are getting from the different dealers on your tractor, can you actually tell us what they are offering ? And also tell us you think it is worth. Some numbers might clear things up a bit.
What all equipment do you have that will go with it, and how much do you want for it ?

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #20  
I'm not done selling them!!!
I will also take any and all Bobcats in on trade!

Just let me point something out here.
I will use the CT335 as a example.
The 335 with R4 tires, a loader w/quick tach bucket. Lists for $27,372.00 less dealer set up.
Now with todays incentives I am able to sell that machine for around say $17,500-18,500
So you are already seeing aprox $10,000 of the list price! Now go to Kubota or Deere and ask them to give you 10K off list!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what they said!!
So in a nut shell..
I can give you $20,000 on your CT230 if you want to trade it. As long as you let me sell off of list price!
Or mayb you would liketo look at it this way. I will give you $16,500 for your trade and you can buy the CT335 for $24,500 and your still getting a big dicount off of list!
But wait I'm not done yet!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Yes I am!
Here is the reality of it all.
Your CT230 is worth around $9,000-10,000 on trade in.(not sure about the hours or condition)
I will sell you a new Bobcat with todays incentives for thousands less than you can buy a new Deere, Kubota or any other brand out there.
Look at it how ever you want, its just flipping numbers.
If you trade in your machine for a new Cat, You will be the winner in the end! Your are going to save a boat load of money.
One other thing I will point out to everyone out here.
Its called Tier 4.
You want to see your resale values go up. Hang onto your machines untill the new emissioned tractors start hitting the lots. We complain about prices now! Imgine looking at the same tractor in a year in a half from now and seeing them for 3-5k more in price.
The demand for used compacts will drive the values way up.