Buying Advice Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.
I have to accept the fact that 3 years ago NEW CT230 tractors were selling for $9,500 - $10,500. That fact is coming back to haunt the used and new market for these.

I paid MUCH MORE for mine.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #42  
Yes, but from what people are saying about tier 4 emissions, you may get a bump up on resale.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #43  
I see we have a difference of perspectives here. Messick sells Boomers and thinks Bobcats are a bad deal .

FYI, what I said was that buying a tractor from a Orphaned OEM relationship is not a good idea. I also gave several examples of products that we sold that have gone though this. I did not say "bobcat was a bad deal".

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #44  
As I am one to keep things until they break in half, I could care less about a "monetary value" on my tractor. To me its much more important to acquire a "usage value" meaning does the tractor fit my needs. That to me is a larger criteria if I'm keeping this thing 20-25 years. If parts acquisition is not an issue ( and its not like the Bobcats came from some manufacturer from the moon) I as well would not hesitate to buy the larger Bobcat or put a larger tire on and load them up on what I have if I needed only a bit more grunt as opposed to lift. I think brand name kill on this tractor becomes more of an issue for those who trade in frequently such as every 5 years or less. This brand disappearance is way more scary for a dealership than the long term owner in my mind.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #45  
I have a Bobcat CT230 and for many months have been thinking about a new, larger tractor. This past week I started to get serious and while discussing a possible trade-in at the Kubota dealer I was told my machine is now an "orphan brand" and therefore not worth what it was as recently as September. I next spoke with the New Holland dealer about a trade-in and he brought up the same topic. After my initial shock I don't know whether to be disappointed or angry. I had the impression tractors held their value well.

The Kubota dealer said I should act quickly if I'm going to trade or sell outright as he forecasts Bobcat values are going to plummet. He suggested that I might have a little more luck on trade value at a Kioti dealer as they are a very similar tractor. His bottom line: Do something now or get ready to live with my Bobcat for a long time.

Is this the common sense out there? Anyone else thinking of trading and experiencing this line of thinking? After some hard thinking this weekend I believe I'm going to cut my losses and get rid of this machine ASAP while I can still get a trade offer (low) of any kind.

How much are you asking?

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.
While finishing my Bobcat ownership experience I visited with a Bobcat dealership and a manager there seemed to say that there are no 2013 "CT" series machines in the pipeline. I got the impression that what is in stock, in the field, is what is left to be sold off. So model year 2012 was the end?

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #47  
While finishing my Bobcat ownership experience I visited with a Bobcat dealership and a manager there seemed to say that there are no 2013 "CT" series machines in the pipeline. I got the impression that what is in stock, in the field, is what is left to be sold off. So model year 2012 was the end?

Yes from what we understand, the relationship between Bobcat and Daedong was not renewed. So what is in stock is it.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #48  
Go back and reread Wallace's explanation. It is dead on. Bobcat equipment in many peoples eyes dropped when they stopped using the Kubota engines in the Bobcat. Tier 4 and the "pee" issue will be big for small tractors. Just as it was for big highway trucks. Tractor parts are available and will remain available for some time.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #49  
"Bobcat equipment in many peoples eyes dropped when they stopped using the Kubota engines in the Bobcat."

When did Bobcat stop using Kubota? Everything they build today that had a Kubota engine in last year or last 10 years still has a Kubota engine in it.
They have announced they will not be using Kubota for the 30 - 75 HP engines in contruction equipment built for sales in U.S & Canada when they go to Final Tier4, but that only pertains to those machines for North America. Everything else will still have the Kubota engine.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #50  
Wallace & Neil are respected businessmen or they would not have been in business as long as they have by bashing. Read what they have to say and use it as advice. I have never taken what they have posted as bashing. The poster is in a position where he wants to pull the trigger now but it is just an unfortunate time in the market. As Wallace has explained that used tractor may be worth a lot more when tier 4 arrives on the market, maybe even more than the new machines if they have bugs in the emissions equipment. One never knows.

Steve