Buying Advice Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #51  
I am lucky I read TBN. I naively thought for the last 3 1/2 years that my Bobcat tractor was a great tractor. It worked very well with almost no problems, nothing serious, was convenient and fun to operate. But I am lucky that I found out here that its junk and I should get rid of it to cut my losses. But could somebody explain the losses that I need to cut? Should I sell the tractor now at a fire sale so I don't have to sell it for a low price later? Another tractor that I use is a Farmall M, another orphan, my dad bought new in 1942 and we still use. Is 70 years too short of a time to not get screwed on an orphan tractor?

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #52  
krazsk said:
I am lucky I read TBN. I naively thought for the last 3 1/2 years that my Bobcat tractor was a great tractor. It worked very well with almost no problems, nothing serious, was convenient and fun to operate. But I am lucky that I found out here that its junk and I should get rid of it to cut my losses. But could somebody explain the losses that I need to cut? Should I sell the tractor now at a fire sale so I don't have to sell it for a low price later? Another tractor that I use is a Farmall M, another orphan, my dad bought new in 1942 and we still use. Is 70 years too short of a time to not get screwed on an orphan tractor?

I'm glad you've read up and now understand that your tractor, which probably has done everything you've asked of it (with in reason), is in fact worthless junk!

I too fail to see what all the fuss is about. It's a Kioti and parts will be available for as long as they are around. Which will probably be a long long time.

Oh... I'll take both the Bobcat and the M off your hands, sight unseen, for scrap price. They are orphans after all. :)

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #53  
The worst thing I can see for someone like me if I still had my Bobcat is if in years to come Bobcat stopped carrying parts for the tractors. I do not have a Kioti dealer locally so I would have to drive 2-2.5hrs or have everything shipped. If I was doing a service and changing the hydraulic oil it could get costly.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #54  
94BULLITT said:
The worst thing I can see for someone like me if I still had my Bobcat is if in years to come Bobcat stopped carrying parts for the tractors. I do not have a Kioti dealer locally so I would have to drive 2-2.5hrs or have everything shipped. If I was doing a service and changing the hydraulic oil it could get costly.

Can the filters not be crossed over to a NAPA (or other) part number?

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #55  
Can the filters not be crossed over to a NAPA (or other) part number?

Just the engine oil. Not the hydro or hydraulic at least yet.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #56  
Just the engine oil. Not the hydro or hydraulic at least yet.

That is a bummer but not a huge deal.

How has Bobcat treated other discontinued products I wonder? Were any of them produced by another company or is this really new ground?

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #57  
That is a bummer but not a huge deal.

How has Bobcat treated other discontinued products I wonder? Were any of them produced by another company or is this really new ground?

They have some other "orphans" like the B250. I know a guy that has one, a hydraulic pump was $4k.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #58  
   / Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #60  
Yeah expensive hydraulic pumps are only associated with orphans. I am pretty sure John Deere gives hydraulic pumps complimentary for their old tractors.