Buying Advice Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #61  
   / Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #62  
You can get those online.

Murphy, you are correct of course, but it's only OEM hydraulic and hydrostatic filters, right? I've never found or heard of anyone finding aftermarkets for those.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #63  
I am lucky I read TBN. I naively thought for the last 3 1/2 years that my Bobcat tractor was a great tractor. It worked very well with almost no problems, nothing serious, was convenient and fun to operate. But I am lucky that I found out here that its junk and I should get rid of it to cut my losses. But could somebody explain the losses that I need to cut? Should I sell the tractor now at a fire sale so I don't have to sell it for a low price later? Another tractor that I use is a Farmall M, another orphan, my dad bought new in 1942 and we still use. Is 70 years too short of a time to not get screwed on an orphan tractor?

I don't see anyone suggesting that a current owner should sell. I'd only caution against someone choosing to buy one at this point.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #64  
I guess that should not be a surprise, that the Boomer and Kubota dealer would caution someone about buying a Bobcat tractor. There's very little chance the $14000 they want for the Bobcat could be a better value than the $22,000 for the "similar" Boomer. :thumbsup:

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #65  
O boy. I just ordered a ct 440 with loader for 4k less than the kioti dk40 I wanted plus 0% financing for 5 years. Should I panic.

All kidding aside I'll take my chances. It'll work for me just as we'll as any other color out there.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #66  
O boy. I just ordered a ct 440 with loader for 4k less than the kioti dk40 I wanted plus 0% financing for 5 years. Should I panic.

All kidding aside I'll take my chances. It'll work for me just as we'll as any other color out there.

You can still run back to Kioti and get parts if you have to, and Bobcat will have parts for many years..

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #67  
So, I am confused (not an unusual state for me). I just got the BobCatalog 2013 from my dealer. Its the 2013 Buyer's Guide. On page 54 they discuss Compact Tractors. This is a 2013 Catalog. Nowhere does it say Bobcat no longer makes these tractors. They list all the models (122, 225, 230, 235, 440, 445 and 450). They say "more than 400 Bobcat tractor dealers in North America provide sales, service and parts support, as well as training resources." They also say "Check out the Build & Quote tool to customize a Bobcat compact tractor, and get a quote from your local dealer". They also have apage showing all the cool attachments you can buy for the tractors.Seems rather weird (or unethical) for a company getting out of the business not to mention that fact anywhere?

MoKelly

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #68  
all I can say is looks like marketing and sales do not talk

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #69  
So, I am confused (not an unusual state for me). I just got the BobCatalog 2013 from my dealer. Its the 2013 Buyer's Guide. On page 54 they discuss Compact Tractors. This is a 2013 Catalog. Nowhere does it say Bobcat no longer makes these tractors. They list all the models (122, 225, 230, 235, 440, 445 and 450). They say "more than 400 Bobcat tractor dealers in North America provide sales, service and parts support, as well as training resources." They also say "Check out the Build & Quote tool to customize a Bobcat compact tractor, and get a quote from your local dealer". They also have apage showing all the cool attachments you can buy for the tractors.Seems rather weird (or unethical) for a company getting out of the business not to mention that fact anywhere?

MoKelly

They want to get rid of all of them. If they said we are no longer selling them they would have a hard time trying to sell them.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #70  
Interesting to me that Bobcat talks about "orphans".
Go to diggerdata.com and scroll through all of the "Bobcat" loaders made over the years.
There are ones with gas engines made by Kohler, Wisconsin, and Ford, diesels made by Perkins, Kubota, Deutz, and I believe they might have also had an Isuzu once.
As far as labeling, some were Melroe, some were Clark, and now I believe IR is on them someplace.
The original Bobcat was a red three wheeled affair, and they also had a six wheeled model and an articulated model too.
Does Bobcat give all of these strays the step child treatment as well?
I'm guessing not.
I certainly wouldn't worry about it.