Buying Advice Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #71  
Hi i sent you a private message on where i can get a CT 235 with loader for that price but then seen how to post on here

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #72  
So, I am confused (not an unusual state for me). I just got the BobCatalog 2013 from my dealer. Its the 2013 Buyer's Guide. On page 54 they discuss Compact Tractors. This is a 2013 Catalog. Nowhere does it say Bobcat no longer makes these tractors. They list all the models (122, 225, 230, 235, 440, 445 and 450). They say "more than 400 Bobcat tractor dealers in North America provide sales, service and parts support, as well as training resources." They also say "Check out the Build & Quote tool to customize a Bobcat compact tractor, and get a quote from your local dealer". They also have apage showing all the cool attachments you can buy for the tractors.Seems rather weird (or unethical) for a company getting out of the business not to mention that fact anywhere?

MoKelly

My guess is the catalog was printed before the decision to drop the tractor line.

Steve

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #73  
To add insult to injury I just received a letter announcing the closure of the nearest Bobcat dealer located in Missoula, MT. They cited hard economic times. They are part of a national firm. I really like the CT235 and hope it lasts without any warranty period issues.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #74  
This is not the first time in this industry to see a manufactuerer change directions and choose not to sell to a retailer or for a retailer to change manufactuerers!! Initially the resale value does drop and once it gets to base levels the value holds although it will not be as good as others. It does not change the quality of what you bought unless it might be the last through the door on the last day of production.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #75  
To add insult to injury I just received a letter announcing the closure of the nearest Bobcat dealer located in Missoula, MT. They cited hard economic times. They are part of a national firm. I really like the CT235 and hope it lasts without any warranty period issues.
Don't youse guys in Montana always expect to drive 200-400 miles for anything?
Signed,
The Dakota Kid

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #76  
If you're dead set on selling it, do it asap. The longer you wait, the less you're going to get for it and the longer it will take to sell.

If you were a buyer, then I'd say you have a golden opportunity to get a beautiful tractor which is virtually identical to a Kioti CK30, with nearly complete parts and attachment interchangeability, at nearly half price. I'm fortunate as I have a Kioti dealer slightly closer than the Bobcat dealer that sold me my tractor.

/ Bobcat tractor's new "Orphan Brand" status. #77  
I could care less what any Kubota dealer told me. I like my Bobcat, its a Kioti... May not be orange, but that is better in my opinion. If you hate your tractor or have to sell it because of a biased Kubota dealer then do so, I think you should keep it and run it, she will last just as long as any Kubota out there.
I was in the same mind set as you when I first heard the news that bobcat was done selling tractors....no biggie, kioti is going strong, and I'm sure they will not back out like bobcat. Corporate America only cares about the dollars, not longevity.

Last edited: