Price Check Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy???

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy??? #1  

SandyIsland

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
Is this the BEST TIME TO BUY if the main goal is bang for the buck?

My wife and I are considering a new CT230. We've been waiting for new incentives like they had two or three years ago. At that time people were paying $9,500 - $12,000 for new CT230's with FEL. Best deal we've found this month is about $16,000 plus taxes. Too much in my opinion given the end of the Bobcat CUT division.

With the demise of the Bobcat Compact Tractor business, should we WAIT and BET the real closeout/blowout prices on NEW units are yet to come?

Do you think the December Incentives (Free FEL and Rebates) could be reduced (ie. smaller rebates and/or no free FEL) starting in January? Do you Bobcat pros know of any Bobcat marketing/pricing cycles that come and go at different seasons that might kick-in after the 1st of the year?

What would you do?

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy??? #2  
Are you pricing with 0% financing or cash purchase with free FEL? At cash price that seems high but with the finance option???? Not sure. I don't think you will see any reduction of incentives but probably not much increase either, at least not for a few months.
Might want to check with Wallace Tractor (advertiser here on TBN) to see what he could do for you.

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy???
CASH purchase, no 0% financing.

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy??? #4  
Doxie probably has the best advice in we should wait for Rick Wallace to give an intelligent response, but I will grace TBN with my opinion, admittedly more than I know. Apparently Bobcat has received their final shipment of tractors from Daedong and they are in their warehouse in Maple Grove, Mn. So when they are out, they are out. Apparently the supply of the 400 class of tractors is low, (actually out of some 400 class with cabs) and they have something on the order of 100 of (some of) the 200 class tractors. So in my opinion you are playing a game of chicken. The prices / incentives may improve or they may run out of the tractors. My strongest opinion here would be to definitely discount any opinions from kubota or Boomer dealers on bobcat tractors price or availability. (My ct235 w/ fel is on order)

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy??? #5  
you can play the gamble to see if they get better but have not seen any better than what is now. as the final units linger on dealer lots perhaps it will drop some and if you are in an area with multiiple dealers close by you may be able to find one that wants to dump there inventory sooner rather than later. I wonder if anyone knows what they last date is that the dealers have from Bobcat on the buyback of their inventory

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy??? #6  
Well.....
I dont think I would wait to much longer!
I have been selling quite a bit of the white product lately. As a mattern in fact I am starting to have a tad bit of difficulty getting certian models!

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy??? #7  
Mr. Wallace,

Any ct230 or ct235 machines available at "smoking good deals" right now?

Thanks.

/ Bobcat CT230 - Dollars, Deals. Incentives: Best Time to Buy??? #8  
Only works with cash. If you want dealer financing, forget it.

See if your local Bobcat dealer has the tractor you want on their lot.
If so, find out how much they are asking for it.
Whatever they give as a quote, counter with a cash offer $5000 less, and move up by only half of what they move down by. Keep pushing that if they're going out of the tractor sales business, you have no guarantee they won't go out of the parts and maintenance business too.