Tractor
    Bobcat CT-230

Default Hope togetting a CT-230 this week!!

I want to thank everyone in advance for all the great information I have read on this great site. I will be getting a 230 hopefully later this week. I do have a couple of questions.
    #1 will a 6' box blade be too much ? Found a really good price on a like new King Kutter
    #2 I think just one set of remotes for log splitter?
    I have 11 ac. in East Tx. that is covered mostly with oaks , a lot of them dead from the drought in the last couple of years. I am covered in the chainsaw department.
    I plan on getting a 5' shredder in the future when I have some grass to cut.
    #3 what would be the best size disc harrow to use?
    I have lots of trees to take down and stumps to grind , or dig out. I don't think I will be getting a BH as the price does not justifies the use.
    This will be our weekend place and I am going to have to build a pole barn to keep Pontoon boat , golf cart , etc.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: Hope togetting a CT-230 this week!!

You can get by with a light-medium duty 6 footer. I think that a good heavy duty 66" unit is the best fit. That or a 60" heavy duty unit.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Congrats on your tractor. The remotes are pretty cheap on a Bobcat, you may want to go ahead and get both.

#1 Depend on the size and weight a 6ft would be fine. Like Brian said a good heavy duty 66'' would be the best, it would still be wider than your tractor.

#2 Yes one set of remotes for a splitter. With a tractor that size a stand alone splitter would be better.

#3 You would proabably want a 6' disc.

I had a CT235 with R4 tires. It was 64'' sidewall to sidewall on the rear tires. I have a old 5' king Kutter Rotary cutter, it pulled it with ease. You may want to consider a 6' rotary cutter so it will be wider than your tractor.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Suggest you get the 2 remote set, as a kit price this way the second remote is about 1/2 price. Adding it later you are paying full price, same price as the first one. If you want detent for the splitter or eventual BH you need to order the detent kit for the valve, it is not standard on the first valve.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    CT230

I agree about getting the second remote right away. I want a second remote but not bad enough to pay for the whole price again. I only had one installed for the backhoe and wish I went with both.

Quote Originally Posted by SSdoxie View Post
    Suggest you get the 2 remote set, as a kit price this way the second remote is about 1/2 price. Adding it later you are paying full price, same price as the first one. If you want detent for the splitter or eventual BH you need to order the detent kit for the valve, it is not standard on the first valve.
    CT230 with backhoe attachment. 84" rake, bucket bite on FEL.