Looking at 2010 CT450

/ Looking at 2010 CT450 #1  

farmerger

Tractor
NH TC33D
Hopefully will be looking at this slightly used tractor (260 hours) this coming week. Any hints as to what to pay particular attention too? Comes with a cab and fel, as well as front and rear aux hydraulics, and brand new industrial R4 tires. What would you guys and gals consider a fair price for this beasty?

/ Looking at 2010 CT450 #2  
I really haven't heard of any common problem developing with these tractors yet. But, new tires at 260 hours? I'd be asking about that. Look to see if engine and hydraulic oil look clean and filters have been changed (especially if HST). Check for evidence of greasing and possible repairs. Ask about maintenance and repair history. Run it through its paces and check every gear, knob, switch, and dohicky you can lay your hands on. At 260 hours everything should look, sound, and feel right as rain.

With a motivated seller that knows they are getting out of the tractor biz, I'd be fishing for his bottom. I checked with my dealer on upgrading my 2010 CT335 recently and was offered a trade in value that equalled 50% of Bobcat's Build and Quote "configured price" from the website. Using my experience for comparison I'd expect his trade in value to be about 19,500 here in my area. I wouldn't feel bad about making an offer anywhere above that because I'd likely be offering more than his dealer would. But seeing you're from Canada I would expect these numbers to run slightly higher.

/ Looking at 2010 CT450
I already asked about the tires. Prior owner was a school district that had turfs on it that they kept for another machine. This tractor is at a Bobcat dealer. I did some internet searching on pricing and $27,000 seems to be the average asking price on both sides of the border. Lowest price I found for almost the same unit was actually in Ontario, at $23,500. He's asking $29,500, well above the 50% configured price. Thanks for your thoughts.

/ Looking at 2010 CT450 #4  
In north dakota a dealer is advertising a 2012 ct450 brand new for 29,000 with loader.

/ Looking at 2010 CT450 #5  
I recently saw a one year old 445 with a cab advertised for 23,000. I don't know how many hours were on it though. The 29.5 would seem high to me.