Hydraulic Toplink Hoses

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #1  

catdozer

Platinum Member
Tractor
john deere
How do you run your hoses for your toplink? I cant seem to get a good configuration to set the hoses, it works one way but not the other. If you can pist how you have then that would be great, heres an old photo i currently run them under and back up to the couplers

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130219_221848.png
    ForumRunner_20130219_221848.png
    906.9 KB · Views: 533
   / Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #2  
I'm looking to do same thing. Is that a special HDy ram for that top link.

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #3  
Mine came set up like this, my son and I have moved them around a couple of times to get the lever to work the way we like them, but the plumbing itself is from the dealer.

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #4  
Wow you have it for angle to not just tilt. What sizer tractor is that

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #6  
The tractor I pictured is a Kubota Grand L5740 and it is great for bush hogging as it lets me raise and lower the rear for transport across ditches or drop the rear end on the downside of a pond bank without backing a the way down. I can also use it to keep tension on the top link to keep the cutter from dropping into a ditch while I back up and cut along the edges or in mowing over small drainage ditches. I need to get a dedicated hydraulic top link for our M8540; always something to buy.

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #7  
How do you run your hoses for your toplink? I cant seem to get a good configuration to set the hoses, it works one way but not the other. If you can pist how you have then that would be great, heres an old photo i currently run them under and back up to the couplers

I might suggest getting smaller hoses to help, you just don't need 1/2" hoses for a HTL. 1/4"(all thats really needed) or even 3/8" would flex better since they are so short.

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #8  
The tractor I pictured is a Kubota Grand L5740 and it is great for bush hogging as it lets me raise and lower the rear for transport across ditches or drop the rear end on the downside of a pond bank without backing a the way down. I can also use it to keep tension on the top link to keep the cutter from dropping into a ditch while I back up and cut along the edges or in mowing over small drainage ditches. I need to get a dedicated hydraulic top link for our M8540; always something to buy.

Complete top Link kit, cat 1-2, 3" dia cyl, 1 1/2" dia rod, 12" stroke, 23"-35" working length with hose kit and flow restrictor, all for only $335 + shipping cost to your zip code.

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses #9  

3/8" or 1/4" hoses, and try to have them where they have close to 180 degree bend in them. This allows for the hose to take all of the movement stresses and not put any undue stress on the fittings. For top links, I normally recommend that 90 degree fittings are used and point back towards the implement. This gets the bend in the hose that should be there for flexing purposes. Now you just need to get the correct length hoses and the thought of shorter is better IS NOT TRUE. But you don't want them to long either.

/ Hydraulic Toplink Hoses
These are the hoses i had on hand. I may have some 1\4 hose around somewhere. But if i have to make some i wanted to see what the best routing would be for the HTL.