Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Default Hydraulic Toplink Hoses

How do you run your hoses for your toplink? I cant seem to get a good configuration to set the hoses, it works one way but not the other. If you can pist how you have then that would be great, heres an old photo i currently run them under and back up to the couplers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -forumrunner_20130219_221848-png  
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

Tractor
    CT440

I'm looking to do same thing. Is that a special HDy ram for that top link.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Hydraulic Toplink Hoses

Mine came set up like this, my son and I have moved them around a couple of times to get the lever to work the way we like them, but the plumbing itself is from the dealer.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    CT440

Wow you have it for angle to not just tilt. What sizer tractor is that

Tractor
    CT440

How does it handle if your bush hogging.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

The tractor I pictured is a kubota Grand L5740 and it is great for bush hogging as it lets me raise and lower the rear for transport across ditches or drop the rear end on the downside of a pond bank without backing a the way down. I can also use it to keep tension on the top link to keep the cutter from dropping into a ditch while I back up and cut along the edges or in mowing over small drainage ditches. I need to get a dedicated hydraulic top link for our M8540; always something to buy.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by catdozer View Post
    How do you run your hoses for your toplink? I cant seem to get a good configuration to set the hoses, it works one way but not the other. If you can pist how you have then that would be great, heres an old photo i currently run them under and back up to the couplers
    I might suggest getting smaller hoses to help, you just don't need 1/2" hoses for a HTL. 1/4"(all thats really needed) or even 3/8" would flex better since they are so short.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    The tractor I pictured is a kubota Grand L5740 and it is great for bush hogging as it lets me raise and lower the rear for transport across ditches or drop the rear end on the downside of a pond bank without backing a the way down. I can also use it to keep tension on the top link to keep the cutter from dropping into a ditch while I back up and cut along the edges or in mowing over small drainage ditches. I need to get a dedicated hydraulic top link for our M8540; always something to buy.
    Complete top Link kit, cat 1-2, 3" dia cyl, 1 1/2" dia rod, 12" stroke, 23"-35" working length with hose kit and flow restrictor, all for only $335 + shipping cost to your zip code.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by catdozer View Post
    3/8" or 1/4" hoses, and try to have them where they have close to 180 degree bend in them. This allows for the hose to take all of the movement stresses and not put any undue stress on the fittings. For top links, I normally recommend that 90 degree fittings are used and point back towards the implement. This gets the bend in the hose that should be there for flexing purposes. Now you just need to get the correct length hoses and the thought of shorter is better IS NOT TRUE. But you don't want them to long either.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

These are the hoses i had on hand. I may have some 1\4 hose around somewhere. But if i have to make some i wanted to see what the best routing would be for the HTL.
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast