axle fluid fill for ct450

/ axle fluid fill for ct450 #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
I have a ct450 I drained the front axle for 2 days. When i filled it back it took 5 quarts, and the ball was at the top of the sight glass. Drove around for 5min and the ball never moved. What's the deal the book says 8 quarts.

/ axle fluid fill for ct450 #2  
I'm about to do my first drain I hope that's not the case. Ill let you know how it goes

/ axle fluid fill for ct450
Spoke to dealer they said it mite only take 5 quarts. As long as the ball is in the middle your fine. They told me the manual can be alittle of.

/ axle fluid fill for ct450 #4  
Check the wheel ends of the front axle. I had to pull the plugs on top by the tires to get 7 quarts into my front axle. They didn't seem to fill by gravity.

/ axle fluid fill for ct450 #5  
It takes longer running time than the book says to works its way down. When I did mine the ball was clear to top with 1.5qts still to put in. Ran it around to about 15 minutes and ball still at the top. Thinking I had not gotten all the old oil out, I took it out and mowed for an hour or so. When I came back in and parked the ball was at the bottom, so put the other 1.5 qts. in and fill to about 3/4 of way to top of sight glass.

Its sucks. I can never get it right. Its to high or to low

Hey SSDOXIE, did you put 8 quarts back in or less? thanks

/ axle fluid fill for ct450 #8  
My 225 only calls for 4.75 qts. I got most back in 4.5 qts.

There is vent in front axle. It is hard to see, but a hose comes off the top center of the axle and goes up in under the radiator so it is better to error on the over full side than under filled. The vent will allow for expansion so not to blow a seal. If way to full it may drip some oil out there.

Okay thanks. Did you used to have a 450? I thought you did maybe somebody else i was thinking of

anybody else with a 335 and up. Did you get all 8 quarts back?