Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Smile Solution for Bobcat, and Kioti filter removals.

In preparation for the 50 hour service on my Bobcat CT235, I was reading the frustration many have experienced in the removal of the factory installed filters on Bobcats and Kioti tractors. This morning I attempted to loosen the Hydraulic filter near the right wheel using a inch drive filter strap wrench. All I succeeded in doing was putting a good size dent in the filter.
    Plan B: Purchased a 93mm 15 flute Cap Filter Wrench made by Performance Tool for $6.00, a drive to 3/8 inch drive adapter for another $6.00, and a Craftsman inch drive 18 inch Flex T handle, (breaker bar) for @25.00 which I should have had anyway.
    With the above combination I was able to break all three filters loose without even a grunt. I was really concerned about the fight I was in for, what a relief. I can now proceed and hopefully enjoy this first maintenance job.
    Thanks to those who have provided tips and suggestions.
    Great forum!
    Last edited by Nlight; 03-03-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Correct character issue.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Solution for Bobcat, and Kioti filter removals.

Those filters are fun.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Nlight View Post
    In preparation for the 50 hour service on my Bobcat CT235, I was reading the frustration many have experienced in the removal of the factory installed filters on Bobcats and Kioti tractors. This morning I attempted to loosen the Hydraulic filter near the right wheel using a inch drive filter strap wrench. All I succeeded in doing was putting a good size dent in the filter.
    Plan B: Purchased a 93mm 15 flute Cap Filter Wrench made by Performance Tool for $6.00, a drive to 3/8 inch drive adapter for another $6.00, and a Craftsman inch drive 18 inch Flex T handle, (breaker bar) for @25.00 which I should have had anyway.
    With the above combination I was able to break all three filters loose without even a grunt. I was really concerned about the fight I was in for, what a relief. I can now proceed and hopefully enjoy this first maintenance job.
    Thanks to those who have provided tips and suggestions.
    Great forum!
    Good thinking, wish I had something like that when I tackled the job..It was no fun.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    CT440

I have ct 440 and about to give that a try

Silver Member

I have a small rubber type filter wrench worked good for me. I think I got them from lowes

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

A large pair of Channel locks do great for the job and the handles are long enough that they are their own cheater bars so that you don't even have to over exert yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Farmer View Post
    A large pair of Channel locks do great for the job and the handles are long enough that they are their own cheater bars so that you don't even have to over exert yourself.
    I pretty much trashed my filter trying to get it off. Then I borrowed a pair of monster channel locks. Came right of. They had the grip and leverage to easily do the job.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT445HST, HTP-2400

Even a chain wrench around the filter torqued with a breaker bar wouldn't budge my hydro filter.

Slicing the gap between the filter and it's mounting area with a razor knife then 2 liberal applications of WD40 finally allowed the filter to loosen

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

I'm waiting for someone to try the method I used in the original post, It was painless and required no extra measures other than purchasing the tools I should have already had. As they say the right tool for the job!
    Woods Box Scraper BSS60, Bush Hog Finishing Mower RDTH72, Beefco Mole 200-512, Woods RB72 Scraper Blade, Woods SB64 Snow Blower

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT445HST, HTP-2400

I rented a commercial fluted cap filter wrench system that the local tool rental place used to service their equipment. With a breaker bar the hydro filter wouldn't budge.

We tried the filter wrench that has 2 big sides that clamp and tighten more and more as pressure is applied by a ratchet/ w breaker bar. No joy either

Even using a vice grip chain wrench (that was tearing the filter housing apart) my hydro filter wouldn't budge until we used razor/WD40 technique as described in my previous post.

This problem was exclusive to the hydro filter, the other filters were easily removed with a standard strap wrench.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast