Looking for advice on snow blower

/ Looking for advice on snow blower #1  

Nlight

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Hi guys.
I posted, not intentionally, in "snow removal" a question I have about selecting a snow blower for my CT235. If you would be so kind, please check that post out and let me know your thoughts. You may also notice it posted twice; I'm having a tough time on the forum tonight! How does one delete a double post?
Al

/ Looking for advice on snow blower #2  
hey! the first WI. guy ive ever talked too on this site kool! snowblowers what a subject, i have a scoop dogg 72inch snow pusher on my fel, so after 2 years of mind bending thought i went with the 3pt. rear blower made by landpride. 64inch of bad *** mambjamba!!!! $ was a factor $6200 for a front blower, $2200 for the rear, it works great for me plus i still have the option of pushing that pretty white stuff! the cab with side mirrors helps alot, oh BTW i blow snow in flanel pants and a tshirt, cabs ROCK! hope this helps, GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Looking for advice on snow blower
Hi Tony!
Thanks for responding. Do you have any issues with the 64" blower width? What do your rear wheels measure for width?
I am not looking forward to having to operate backwards for 700 feet of drive, but the cost of a front unit is scary. Like you said one still has the FEL available to relocate the white stuff.

I love your cab, but one like that is not in the cards for me for quite some time. I'll have to deal with the open air with my flannels under my pants and insulated bibs.

/ Looking for advice on snow blower #4  
I lived in WI in the 70's even then you guys all had snow mobiles. Blowing 700' of driveway backwards on your Bobcat is sort of like a long snow mobile ride.-Snow in your face, down your neck, frozen fingers.
You just have to keep telling yourself how much fun you are having.

/ Looking for advice on snow blower #5  
Hey, fellow wisconsinites. I had been looking at new blowers and checking out auctions, then I came across a used one east of madison at a great price. Sometimes a guy gets lucky! Most of the time I just use the rear blade but used the blower in that deep stuff we had a few years ago. snowblower1_1.jpg

/ Looking for advice on snow blower #6  
Nlight, i have about 60inch width on rear tires so it tracks really nice! u got alot of driveway, ever consider a sims or any other after market cab? blowing snow can be harsh without a shell to hide under! i to almost bought an open station but started thinking that i only live once and not getting any younger that i went with the cab! also think about getting the rear tires loaded with rim guard, it really makes a huge difference!

/ Looking for advice on snow blower #7  
Nlight
Interested in a new Bobcat 62" front mount blower?
We can also finance it at 0% for up 36 months!!!
Email me if interested in a price quote to your door!

I have the Rim Guard installed. Yes, I will consider a cab at some point. First I need to get a shed built that will take the tractor in with the ROPS up. I am looking forward to the blower, even if I need to wait until next season. On one 13" snowfall with high winds to boot I spent four hours opening up the drive with just the loader. I expect the blower would have done it all in 30 minutes.

/ Looking for advice on snow blower #9  
Hello
I live in Canada, northern Ontario, this year we had over 4 feet of snow, and since i live in a field with lots of wind..... My drive way is over a mile long
On my bob cat ct230, i have a front snow blower, yes you do loose the fel, but one mile going back ward, was not an option for me
The first 2 years i had my tractor i snow blowed without a cab! now that i think about it, should of bought the tractor with a cab, but what i did was use my snowmachine helmet, i even installed the heated shield
The 3rd year i built a cab
Now for the Bob Cat front snow blower, i have to say i am not trully impressed, yes when it works it realy blows the snow, but i have been having trouble with the rear gears, and the chain, the big sproket keeps falling off, and the key way breaks, i am also breaking allot of shear pins, and no not blowing rocks or any thing else other than snow, Bob Cat dealership have been good, they fixed it twice already, but it still does it. This summer I will take it completely appart and try to figure out why this is happening, but at minus 40 f, i have to wait till it gets a little warmer, we still have 2 feet of snow but at least now it 33 f getting warmer
The shear pin for the rear impeller is a ***** to replace.

Hi bob2299!

Thanks for sharing how you handle the snow way "up north". -40 f must be quite a challenge to get anything done, what city are you near?

I ended up getting a Woods 64" rear mount, still need to pick it up from the dealer. I do not look forward to all the backing but this is the compromise I have to make. I too have an open cab and just dress for the weather. The blower should significantly reduce the time I spend relocating the snow so I look forward to that. This past season we had over 70" of snow.

Sorry to see you have so many breakdowns with the front mount unit, good luck locating the cause of that.

The forecast here is for the 60's this weekend, it's been a long time since we saw that.