3-Point Hitch CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly.

/ CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly. #1  

demoman357

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335, Case 480C
I changed the hydraulic oil and filter, now the 3-point hitch will raise normally but take 5 minutes to lower. Fluid levels are perfect. Can anyone tell me where to look next?
Thank you in advance for your response.

/ CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly. #2  
I changed the hydraulic oil and filter, now the 3-point hitch will raise normally but take 5 minutes to lower. Fluid levels are perfect. Can anyone tell me where to look next?
Thank you in advance for your response.

Good news.. that's an easy one.. look between your legs (while you are seated on the tractor):) See that knob?.. turn it counterclockwise a bit. Problem solved. That is the rate descent valve for the 3pt. depending on how much weight is on your 3pt, you adjust it to drop at the rate you want it to. All the way from drop like a rock. BANG!.. to it will not drop at all. you probably bumped it with your foot. I assume by the way you do have some weight on the 3pt right?

James K0UA

/ CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly.
Duhhh why did I not even read the manual?? Thank you k0ua for you answer. Boy do I feel dumb. :)

/ CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly. #4  
Duhhh why did I not even read the manual?? Thank you k0ua for you answer. Boy do I feel dumb. :)

Glad that was all it was. You would not be the first to forget about that knob, nor the last.

James K0UA

/ CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly. #5  
Glad that was all it was. You would not be the first to forget about that knob, nor the last.

James K0UA

You got that right! I've been known to bumble around for half a day, struggling with slow drop times on my 3PH. Then I'd be mounting the tractor after some sort of ground work only to spy the little knob with the turtle and rabbit on it and think "D-oh!" :duh: After a simple twist of the knob, all is well again. Funny how the simple things can be forgotten so easily.

Joe

/ CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly. #6  
You got that right! I've been known to bumble around for half a day, struggling with slow drop times on my 3PH. Then I'd be mounting the tractor after some sort of ground work only to spy the little knob with the turtle and rabbit on it and think "D-oh!" :duh: After a simple twist of the knob, all is well again. Funny how the simple things can be forgotten so easily.

Joe

I have helped several people with this exact same problem. And you want to know the truth? It happened to me too:ashamed:

/ CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly. #7  
James,
Thanks in advance for that tip. I will probably actually remember this when I need it. It is great to get ahead of some issues.