Tractor
    Bobcat CT335

Default CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly.

I changed the hydraulic oil and filter, now the 3-point hitch will raise normally but take 5 minutes to lower. Fluid levels are perfect. Can anyone tell me where to look next?
    Thank you in advance for your response.
    Barking River Ranch

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: CT335 - 3-point hitch raises normally but lowers very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by demoman357 View Post
    I changed the hydraulic oil and filter, now the 3-point hitch will raise normally but take 5 minutes to lower. Fluid levels are perfect. Can anyone tell me where to look next?
    Thank you in advance for your response.
    Good news.. that's an easy one.. look between your legs (while you are seated on the tractor) See that knob?.. turn it counterclockwise a bit. Problem solved. That is the rate descent valve for the 3pt. depending on how much weight is on your 3pt, you adjust it to drop at the rate you want it to. All the way from drop like a rock. BANG!.. to it will not drop at all. you probably bumped it with your foot. I assume by the way you do have some weight on the 3pt right?

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335

Duhhh why did I not even read the manual?? Thank you k0ua for you answer. Boy do I feel dumb.
    Barking River Ranch

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by demoman357 View Post
    Duhhh why did I not even read the manual?? Thank you k0ua for you answer. Boy do I feel dumb.
    Glad that was all it was. You would not be the first to forget about that knob, nor the last.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Glad that was all it was. You would not be the first to forget about that knob, nor the last.

James K0UA
    You got that right! I've been known to bumble around for half a day, struggling with slow drop times on my 3PH. Then I'd be mounting the tractor after some sort of ground work only to spy the little knob with the turtle and rabbit on it and think "D-oh!" After a simple twist of the knob, all is well again. Funny how the simple things can be forgotten so easily.

Joe
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Marveltone View Post
    You got that right! I've been known to bumble around for half a day, struggling with slow drop times on my 3PH. Then I'd be mounting the tractor after some sort of ground work only to spy the little knob with the turtle and rabbit on it and think "D-oh!" After a simple twist of the knob, all is well again. Funny how the simple things can be forgotten so easily.

Joe
    I have helped several people with this exact same problem. And you want to know the truth? It happened to me too
    James KUA

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

James,
    Thanks in advance for that tip. I will probably actually remember this when I need it. It is great to get ahead of some issues.
    Woods Box Scraper BSS60, Bush Hog Finishing Mower RDTH72, Beefco Mole 200-512, Woods RB72 Scraper Blade, Woods SB64 Snow Blower