diff lock broke?

/ diff lock broke? #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
On my ct450 Its hard to go around turns and when I drive into a pile of stone I see both back wheels driving at the same time. Is my diff lock broke or is that normal?

/ diff lock broke? #2  
Its stuck in the engaged condition. Look for the linkage from the engage pedal and lubricate all pivots. Back up while turning the wheels back and forth afew times to aid in taking tension off the lock gearing. This should allow the spring driven disengagement mechanism to work. The engagement pedal should pop back up.
larry

/ diff lock broke? #3  
Its stuck in the engaged condition. Look for the linkage from the engage pedal and lubricate all pivots. Back up while turning the wheels back and forth afew times to aid in taking tension off the lock gearing. This should allow the spring driven disengagement mechanism to work. The engagement pedal should pop back up.
larry

Sounds like it is for sure engaged and working but it is not disengaging freely properly. I would get it jacked up and lubricate all of the linkage real good and try to get it to release by lightly rocking the tire and lightly pulling up on diff pedal. Be sure to really lubricate it good where it goes into the rear housing. With this engaged and trying to turn you can damage it. It is designed to work in soft conditions and release on its own once traction is established. Some brands recommend to also hit brakes to release it if it does not release on its own.