Help CT230 oil leak at mid range?

/ Help CT230 oil leak at mid range? #1  

bob2299

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct230, 35 hp Massey Furgeson 3Cyl Diesel
hello, i just notice my hydrolic fluid was lower than normal

When I checked under the tractor, it is leaking. The leak is just in front of the mid range
PTO, on the block, at least I think it's the block, their is a oval hole this is also where the front drive shaft enter the transmision,

The oil is leaking from this oval hole, has any one any idea what I should look for, it looks like i have to " split" the tractor

Please help

Thnx.

/ Help CT230 oil leak at mid range?
I bought the tractor brand new, 2.5 years ago. I have 753 Hours on it, I use it in the winter to clean my yard, and in the summer for work around the house.

Why do you need to know how many hours?

thnx.

/ Help CT230 oil leak at mid range? #4  
I have had some problem with HF leaking where the shifter comes out. They have replaced o ring but still has small leak. Check and see if your leak could be coming from the same place.

/ Help CT230 oil leak at mid range? #5  
I own a Bobcat CT 235 and I had a hydraulic oil leak at the mid point of the tractor. It was found to be the trans oil cooling line. There was a bulletin on this problem and the fix was to install a new line with a support bracket at the midpoint of the line. My leak was right at the 90 degree angle where it enters the tranny ( at the weld point).

Fred

/ Help CT230 oil leak at mid range?
I own a Bobcat CT 235 and I had a hydraulic oil leak at the mid point of the tractor. It was found to be the trans oil cooling line. There was a bulletin on this problem and the fix was to install a new line with a support bracket at the midpoint of the line. My leak was right at the 90 degree angle where it enters the tranny ( at the weld point).

Fred

My tractor was leaking at the front drive shaft, at the transmission. the tractor needed to be split in 2, Bob Cat did it under warente

thnx

/ Help CT230 oil leak at mid range? #7  
I have a CT 230 and I had the same problem at 95 hours. The dealer split my tractor and replaced some sort of O-ring. I am out of warranty and if it happens again it will cost me 3000 to 4000 to fix the problem. I now have 160 hours and I am hoing it does not happen again. I have heard of this happening on a few other tractors. SO far I like my tracter. I have had this problem, the battery leak problem, the lazy hydro pedal problem but other than that it is a great machine.

/ Help CT230 oil leak at mid range? #8  
I had the same problem with my CK30, actually, I had EVERY problem with my CK30. I never found out what it was, I traded the tractor before it was fixed. I've seen a lot of reports about the same thing, there's obviously something going on in there. Interesting to hear about the Bobcat service bulletin.