notstarting,HELP??????

/ notstarting,HELP?????? #1  

brown1

Bronze Member
Tractor
bobcat ct235
ihave a pretty new ct235 that i cultipackedwith for approx.2hrs,after it cooleddown i sprayed off then before i could put it away for the evening a 3"+ rainstorm and when i went out the next day it will not turn over. i thing it is a saftey engage like seat or pto. the lights come on at the instrument panel and when i sit down i can hear something engage but it just will not turn over or even click. i tried jumping it with my truck with same results. i would like figure this out myself because i don't have any good ideas in how to load a dead tractor on my trailer and the closest dealer is about 60 miles away. thanks for any ideas offered.

/ notstarting,HELP?????? #2  
Yes, PTO switch must be disengaged or it will not start. It is probably something simple like that. Put range selector in neutral or stick in neutral too, depending if HST or not.

/ notstarting,HELP??????
i have pissed with range selector and pto i can get the pto light to go on and off so i that shouldn't be it but it does seem like a safety circuit is holding it out. i am going to clear my head and go back out there this afternoon. i will post any findings.

/ notstarting,HELP?????? #4  
Try moving the range selector around slightly in the neutral position, while turning the key to crank.There is a lockout switch, which may be out of adjustment, that will not allow starting in gear.

/ notstarting,HELP?????? #5  
ihave a pretty new ct235 that i cultipackedwith for approx.2hrs,after it cooleddown i sprayed off then before i could put it away for the evening a 3"+ rainstorm and when i went out the next day it will not turn over. i thing it is a saftey engage like seat or pto. the lights come on at the instrument panel and when i sit down i can hear something engage but it just will not turn over or even click. i tried jumping it with my truck with same results. i would like figure this out myself because i don't have any good ideas in how to load a dead tractor on my trailer and the closest dealer is about 60 miles away. thanks for any ideas offered.

The only problem I have ever had with my ct235 not starting, is not having the hydrostat pedal centered when trying to start the tractor. Once I accidently stepped on the pedal when dismounting the tractor running with the emergency brake applied. The other time was when the underside of the tractor was packed with snow and the switch underneath the pedal was full of snow and wouldn't snap back. I understand you aren't in the snow, but make sure the switch contact underneath is snapped back in the horizontal position. jp

/ notstarting,HELP??????
i called the dealer and chatted with the service mgr and through some testing of the whole starting circuit it is down to ignition switch or a circuit board underneath the seat. if i turn the ignition to on and jump tge starter out it will stay running. he said he would give me the 2 parts and i can bring back the one that is good. so that should at least save me a 120 mile round trip with my tractor.

/ notstarting,HELP?????? #7  
The Bobcat version of the Kioti CK models have PTO, Seat, & HST pedal switches that must close (make contact) to enable start. They do not have the Range Selector switch like Kioti. All 3 switches are supplied 12v power through 5 amp Fuse #7. Check that fuse, the start checking for contact on the 3 Safety Switches. Probably a loose connection that has gotten wet.

/ notstarting,HELP??????
well dealer sent me a controllerand i swapped it out and the same thing so from my troubleshooting i would say i has to be the ignition switch so i am just going to take it to the dealer on thursday and the mgr said they would look at it and try and do something right away so i can take it home with me. the dealer has been fantastic to work with and talk to despite my problem. i will post the final fix hopefully on thursday.

/ notstarting,HELP?????? #9  
Any update on this - what was the problem?

/ notstarting,HELP??????
sorry about that it was the connector that plugs into the control mod had 2 pins that had gotten corrosion on them, i did notice discoloration on the terminal but i thought it was dielectric grease.