Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225 TLB

Default Re: 7TB Finally Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by 762MM View Post
    Thank you - great info and clear! I was going to experiment and you sped up the process. The fewer the items to remove/install, the better. The stuff gets heavy too. Do you leave (if you have it on in the first place) your draw bar on the tractor? Looks like it will not interfere either.

Thanks again.
    You're right ... the draw bar is still in place and does not interfere. I've chosen to reverse it like suggested when not in use but when I got it it was in the regular way and no problem. I'll take a pic tomorrow ... I was using the tractor this evening and I forgot ...
    2009 Bobcat CT225 HST with 7TL FEL and 7TB BH

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

I have the 7TB and in hindsite I've been much more satisfied with a Woods X70 or even X80. The bolt on subframe assembly of the Woods does away with the monstrosity of hardware attached to the 7TB. Its the length of a small car when detached. Mounting a Woods is far more easily done, too. Pins attach to the subframe on the hoe which is lifted on under its own hydraulic capability.
    New...
    Bobcat CT235
    72" RFM, 72" SB, 7TL Loader & 7TB Backhoe

60" Worksaver Box Blade
    48" Tebbens Bush Hog
    25 Gal 10' 3PH Sprayer

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

There are trade-offs in both styles of sub-frame. Fixed mounted to backhoe does take up more storage space, but leaves tractor with its normal ground clearance when removed. How much of an advantage or difference in ground clearance depends on make, model, and owners use. The fix mounted to tractor/removed at backhoe is opposite, it requires less storage room when off but leaves ground clearance the same.
    What surprises, with all the ingenious customizations I've seen here in TBN, is no one has come up with a dual style sub-frame. One that can be disconnected at either point, or at least make a hinged frame that when removed with the hoe it can be hinged up and locked in vertical position for less storage space.
    I don't have a backhoe, but if I did I would be looking at this real seriously.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Belarus 562 / Bobcat CT122 / Kubota BX1860 / Honda HT4213

Quote Originally Posted by SSdoxie View Post
    at least make a hinged frame that when removed with the hoe it can be hinged up and locked in vertical position for less storage space.
    I don't have a backhoe, but if I did I would be looking at this real seriously.
    That would be a great idea!
    Plowing, it's snow much fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12