Backhoe 7TB Finally Arrived

/ 7TB Finally Arrived #3  
Congrats.

I badly want to get a backhoe for my CT225 but we don't have a dealer in town any more. The folks that were the Bobcat dealer were throwing out prices like $9000 for one. That's a bit more than it is worth to me.

From your pictures I can see that the 7TB uses a sub-frame and I assume uses the PTO to drive a hydraulic pump just for the backhoe?

/ 7TB Finally Arrived
It was a long wait...and perhaps that helped with the mental accounting. I paid for it in January, so the money was already gone long ago.

$9k sounds about right, all in. For reference (and rounding):

$7500 for the hoe, sub-frame, & 16" bucket
$500 dual remotes
$350 installation for everything
$650 tax

Not pretty, but it's done. Will I ever get my money out of it...probably not...but I can dig a hole any time I choose.

And to clarify, the unit is driven off the tractor's hydraulics vs PTO.

Hope that helps.

/ 7TB Finally Arrived #6  
You have a real nice tool there.
And the $500 for dual remotes can be used for other attachments, so I'd consider that a tractor improvement, not really part of the backhoe costs.
I'd love to put one of those on my CT230.
Gah. I'm suffering from BH envy.

/ 7TB Finally Arrived #7  
Backhoe attachment arrived...had to break it in with a stump removal. Dug up a stump for good measure.

333977-backhoes-lets-see-them-1.jpg

333978-backhoes-lets-see-them-2.jpg

333979-backhoes-lets-see-them-3.jpg

Congrats !!

Ooohh stump removal that's the same thing I did with my newly acquired (but used) 2009 CT225 with 7TB BH and FEL ;)

I also have the 7TB and I find it works very good on my CT225. On a side note, after a few hours, be sure to check or tighten the bolts holding the BH to the subframe assembly because mine with 430hrs many were loose. It's always a good thing to check from time to time and probably more after the first few hours since everything is new. :)

Attachments

• 333978-backhoes-lets-see-them-2.jpg
    333978-backhoes-lets-see-them-2.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 340
   / 7TB Finally Arrived
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Question for SycoQC or other 7TB knowledgeable folks. Do you remove all of your 3PT hitch components when your BH is attached. My dealer took everything off (which is also called for in the manual), which includes:

• Upper Link
  • Lower Links
  • Lifting Links
  • Sway Bars
  • Various Pins/Retaining Pins

Space is pretty tight with the backhoe attached, but in reality do you remove everything? Perhaps the lifting links could remain in place? It's not as "quick" as one might think when factoring in the hitch component removal/installation.

It's kind of a pain to remove and install...say when throwing on the Bush Hog and then wanting to use the backhoe again. Then, taking stuff with you if you use the tractor at another location. It's just a lot of parts to keep up with for a "quick" attach/detach.

Also, I checked the mounting bolts and found several loose, as well as 4 that were not installed from what I can tell. There are various configurations of the mounts and subframe, and it is apparent the installer looked at different instructions, omitting 4 bolts. I'll reach out to the dealer and get these - like many things, should have installed this myself. But, for $350 to install the BH, subframe/mounts/rear remotes, and pickup/deliver...I thought it was a bargain.

So far, 1 stump...about 4ft deep and 10ft wide was the final dig. Mother Nature is strong. I certainly see why stump grinding is a healthy alternative (to people and equipment).

Thanks for the info.

Palmer

/ 7TB Finally Arrived #9  
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Question for SycoQC or other 7TB knowledgeable folks. Do you remove all of your 3PT hitch components when your BH is attached. My dealer took everything off (which is also called for in the manual), which includes:

• Upper Link
  • Lower Links
  • Lifting Links
  • Sway Bars
  • Various Pins/Retaining Pins

Thanks for the info.

Palmer

On mine only things removed is Upper link + sway bars.

Then I lower the 3PT and attach both lower links with a bungee cord so they fit between the BH subframe. I may take some pictures if needed ?! ;)

Thanks !

/ 7TB Finally Arrived
On mine only things removed is Upper link + sway bars.

Then I lower the 3PT and attach both lower links with a bungee cord so they fit between the BH subframe. I may take some pictures if needed ?! ;)

Thanks !

Thank you - great info and clear! I was going to experiment and you sped up the process. The fewer the items to remove/install, the better. The stuff gets heavy too. Do you leave (if you have it on in the first place) your draw bar on the tractor? Looks like it will not interfere either.

I thought it is was funny when the delivery guy brought back my CT with the backhoe attached and had the removed parts thrown in the loader bucket...I asked him jokingly "so just how quick are the 25 misc parts to install/remove?"...he scratched his head...I knew he was just delivering and not the product guy. Pic attached is before I re-pinned everything so i wouldn't lose items:

3PH.JPG

Thanks again.