I have a till-a-nater

/ I have a till-a-nater #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
What can I say but :D:D:D

Spent about 4 hours seat time with my 74" Terraforce (Ansung) tiller behind my CT235 preparing my pastures for replanting. Absolutely a dream. This ground has not been worked in over 30 years and probably more per the folks that live around here. I am reworking hay pasture due to poor irrigation paths (high/low spots) By setting the rear gate to act as a compactor I can get some leveling effect as the tiller carries material with it. I tilled about an acre in that time.

Per the manufacturer this tiller requires 50 PTO HP, but it worked great for me, I just go slow. First pass cut 4 inches into the sod going at a slow walk speed. Pasture behind was chewed up with some fist size clumps of sod, I then made a second pass, opposite direction and it went to 6 to 8 inches and better pulverized the soil. I will be making a third pass just before planting later this month when the temps drop enough for safe seeding. Ill then run my harrow over it (upside down) to do more leveling and a second time after planting the seed. Ill use my 35 year old Sears GT garden tractor for that. They sure don't make those like they used to.

While my tractor had to work, I still had throttle left and it never seemed to bog down at all, even at the full 8 inch tilling depth. It will go deeper in soft material, like my garden beds, but even them it still has plenty of power.

After the 4 hours continuous operation I checked the tractor and tiller over and found no issues - everything solid, no excessive heat at bearings on tiller, and no leaks on tractor. So I am a happy camper.:D:D:D

This is a great tractor.

/ I have a till-a-nater #2  
I have used a 60 inch Bobcat brand tiller on my CT235 for many hours with no issue. If you have to disturb the ground a tiller is a fairly low impact way to do it.