Bobcat-antifreeze

/ Bobcat-antifreeze #1  

lilliangeorge

Tractor
bobcat ct225
I have a Bobcat ct225 and when it is running the antifreeze surges into the overflow tank. I checked the thermostat and it opens when it is in hot water. Anyone have any ideas as to why it is doing this?

/ Bobcat-antifreeze #2  
Does the temperature gauge show that the tractor is running hot? The only time my CT235 ran hot is when the screen in front of the radiator was plugged with dirt and grass from mowing. Raise the loader ( if you have one), pop the hood up and unscrew the wing nut holding the screen on and wash it off. Be careful working under the raised loader arms. Good luck. Keep us posted. JP

/ Bobcat-antifreeze #3  
I see you are from Maine and a new member.

Hello

Worst case, if not as suggested, head gasket. Was the freeze protection level checked on the anti-freeze before winter?

/ Bobcat-antifreeze
There is air going into the overflow-lots of air. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to do a compression test

/ Bobcat-antifreeze #6  
Hate to say it but it sounds like you have a head gasket problem.

/ Bobcat-antifreeze #7  
Compression test might not show it.

I have posted this method before, starting with a completely cold engine start it up and let it run for 40 seconds and shut it off.
Now remove the radiator cap , if there's pressure there it came from combustion and not expansion (head gasket) .
The short time running won't let the water heat up and expand so the pressure came from compression.

/ Bobcat-antifreeze #8  
How many hours on your tractor please?