I'm going Bobcat..

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #181  
Center of U joint to center of U joint is 30".
I would guess I need 34-36?

Ok are you saying your existing shaft (which is too short) is 30 inches cross to cross, and you need one that is about 34 or greater cross to cross collapsed?
IF that is what you are saying, Then mine is too short to start with. (which I thought it might be)
The reason I am not using it and bought another longer one, is because it was sized for a smaller tractor originally, and when I went to the DK35se, it is just too dang short and not safe any more.

"Hey I have cut it off twice, and it is still too short" :laughing:

/ I'm going Bobcat..
Ok are you saying your existing shaft (which is too short) is 30 inches cross to cross, and you need one that is about 34 or greater cross to cross collapsed? IF that is what you are saying, Then mine is too short to start with. (which I thought it might be) The reason I am not using it and bought another longer one, is because it was sized for a smaller tractor originally, and when I went to the DK35se, it is just too dang short and not safe any more. "Hey I have cut it off twice, and it is still too short" :laughing:

Yep. I think I could use a 36" and be ok. (Not pound back into the tractor pto)

FYI. I messed up today. Pulled a coolant line loose and lost all my antifreeze. I started a separate thread for it.

I hope I can keep you guys entertained. I feel a bit like the guy on Green Acres..

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #183  
Yep. I think I could use a 36" and be ok. (Not pound back into the tractor pto)

FYI. I messed up today. Pulled a coolant line loose and lost all my antifreeze. I started a separate thread for it.

I hope I can keep you guys entertained. I feel a bit like the guy on Green Acres..

You ARE keeping us entertained but in a very POSITIVE educational way. I really appreciate your enthusiasm for your tractor and your up-beat, can do, charging forward attitude.

Keep sharing!

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #184  
Well, spent about 7 hours on the ct today. Chipping and moving brush and logs. Tractor handled like a dream move huge logs and brush piles without a problem man those forks sure are handy hard to believe I went without them this long. Only trouble I had was with my cheap farm pro chipper. Broke a link in the feed wheel linkage. Will your guys CT 225 lift the back of the tractor off the ground with counterweight? Mine
Wood not. I had the chipper on the back and I have a 400 pound cab but that's all the counterweight I had. I would guess the chipper to weigh around 700 pounds. I think my pressure relief settings might be off a bit didn't seem like it had enough role power either.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #185  
Tman, Your relief is probably fine. I use about same weight ballast (about 7 -800#) with loaded tires and it won't pick up back end on level ground, but will rock a little on hills. I checked my relief, it was @2600 psi just a touch high. Yours sounds normal.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #186  
Thanks ssdoxie. I wonder if it would lift rear with no rear ballast? I will try it next time I change implements. With caution of corse.

/ I'm going Bobcat..
Thanks ssdoxie. I wonder if it would lift rear with no rear ballast? I will try it next time I change implements. With caution of corse.

I have to be very careful with mine. No rear ballast, and I haven't filled the tires. I can lift the rears pretty easily.
Sometimes it won't, not sure why, but other times they start to come right up.