CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow?

/ CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow? #11  
Instead of visiting every forum I usually look at "Today's Posts" and "New Posts" as it shows the newest or most active threads going on. I suspect many others do the same thing.
That's what many of us do.
I often post not even noticing what brands forum I'm in.
You don't need to own a Bobcat, Kubota, Etc. to post in their forum.

/ CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow?
Instead of visiting every forum I usually look at "Today's Posts" and "New Posts" as it shows the newest or most active threads going on. I suspect many others do the same thing.

Never thought of that. I always just went to the BC forum or sometimes the Projects forum.

Yep. Same here. Sorry if we ran everyone off.

I don't know that you guys ran anyone off. I kind of stopped visiting the BC forum because it got kind of slow, there are still some new posts but not like it used to be a few years ago.

I appreciate the help, even if your tractor is a different color.:)

/ CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow? #13  
Thanks Dave, I will look at that tonight. I had someone send me some scanned pages from the Ford plow on how to set it up. I can comapre the two.

By the way, what are all you Kubota people doing hanging out on the Bobcat forum? I posted on here expecting to get real life experience from the BC folks and no one person that has a BC responded. This used to be a very active forum but no so much anymore. I don't stop by as often. Maybe you Kubota owners have ran everyone off!

Hey, we may be the only white colored tractor in here, but we don't discriminate. :laughing: All colors are welcome. :thumbsup:
Might be reason no Bobcat guys replied is none of us have a plow, YET.
I am considering one and thinking a 2-14" for mine, if I can find one reasonable. Heaviest pull I have done was with 6 tooth field cultivator going 18" deep and moved right along at full pedal in low range = 3.8 MPH. It did snort quite a bit when I hit a wet spot, and my soil mostly clay with some loam mix. That is on loaded R1s, so no traction problems.

Galaxie, can you post a picture of the interference with the OH. I too have OH and would hate to take it off, even if it was for a once a year use.

Galaxie, can you post a picture of the interference with the OH. I too have OH and would hate to take it off, even if it was for a once a year use.

Man SS, I wish I had seen this earlier. I just had it hooked up tonight trying to figure out how I was going to make it work. I could have gotten some pics.

I couldn't remember exactly what my issue with the QH was so I wanted to hook it up and try to figure something out. Basically, with my top link pulled all the way in, I can get the lower two points of the QH attached to the plow but then as I move the top link out to hook in the top link, it ends up hitting the frame that goes up to the top pin on the plow so I am probably close to 6" away from getting to the pin. Plus, the lever on the plow that you can adjust which side is digging in more is very close to the QH and you can't move it all the way.

I know that probably didn't make a whole lot of sense without pics but I will try to get some tomorrow evening or this weekend.

Here are some pics.

100_1716.jpg

100_1717.jpg

100_1718.jpg

100_1719.jpg
The tall tooth is in the way

100_1720.jpg
As you can see, I have to get the QH up over the shaft on the first cutting wheel and then lower it.

100_1721.jpg
The QH interferes with the adjustment lever which by the way I have to twist around to get each lower pin in the QH anyway.

100_1722.jpg
Frame hits the QC so it is short of the top link pen.

100_1723.jpg
Front wheel is very close to the tractor with the QH, even closer without it.

100_1724.jpg

As you can see I have a few things causing issues, the cutting wheel up front, the tall tooth on the lever and the A frame for the top link. I am not sure if all plows are made like this but you may experience the issues.

Any ideas on how to make this work with the QH? I really hate taking it off.

/ CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow? #16  
If I had a QH like yours I wouldn't be able to hook up my plow. All the adjustments for my plow have to be done with the top link and the adjustable right draw arm.

/ CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow? #17  
Hello I have a 230, and I have been plowing with it for the last 2 years, sorry I cannot tell you the size of my plow, I dont know what you mean by 14, all I know is my uncle gave me a plow he bought new in 1956, he call's it a broker, and it was made by massey,and I can pull this in clay, yes I have what I call "tractor tire" the ones with the big groove, not so good on grass, but great for plowing, I also have a 2 furrow plow, about the same year, it also work, it's also an old massey.

Sorry if I dont know all the terms yet, I am new, well 3 years at this farming stuff, before this I lived in town. Now I have 80 acre

I was also able to buy a 1960 massey furgeson 3 cylinder perkins last year paid 500.00, I had to put a new hydrolic pump, but now it works, I dont know how to attach a picture, I did try to plow wiith it, I must say it works better, and it has draft control.

On your 3 point hitch you have an attachment I do not have what it it, some kind of quick coupler? The biggest problem I have when attaching something is lining up everything, I am always alone and I keep having to get off and on the tractor to allign every attachment

I would send you a picture of my plow but Their are 2 problem, i dont know how to attach a picture, and number 2 the plow is still under 3 feet of snow, and its going to be -27 F tonight, I still have a 2 month wait before I can plow

Thnx hope this helps

On your 3 point hitch you have an attachment I do not have what it it, some kind of quick coupler?

It is called a quick hitch. It allows you to back up to your implement while lining up the hitch to the pins on your equipment so all you have to do is raise your 3pt and you are attached and ready to go unless you have PTO to hook up. It is great! The only problem is that not all implements have to same spacing between the lower pins and the top pins. I have had to modify a couple of mine but it is still worth it. There is also a system called Pats Easy Change which is just the bottom two pieces of the quick hitch. You still have to attach your top link and PTO if you have it. I attached a pic of a quick hitch below from Harbor Freight. This is what I bought.

As far as attaching a pic, it is pretty simple. Just click on the symbol shown below, browse to the file on your computer and then hit "upload"

pic_attach.png

2014-03-22_2228.png

/ CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow? #19  
I like this pats easy change I will probable get me a set this summer. Oh by the way I tried to attach a picture of my old massey, I dont know if i should have posted in a Bob cat area, but.... funny thing is I dont even have a picture of my Bob Cat, well not yet any way. I will take a picture this afternoon when I am show blowing.

I dont see this pictures, so maybe I have to post this in order to see the picutre, my first try at posting a picture let's see what happens.

thnx,

Attachments

• 35 in pieces.jpg
    35 in pieces.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Massey 2.jpg
    Massey 2.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 72
   / CT230 w/ 3 bottom plow? #20  
I like this pats easy change I will probable get me a set this summer. Oh by the way I tried to attach a picture of my old massey, I dont know if i should have posted in a Bob cat area, but.... funny thing is I dont even have a picture of my Bob Cat, well not yet any way. I will take a picture this afternoon when I am show blowing.

I dont see this pictures, so maybe I have to post this in order to see the picutre, my first try at posting a picture let's see what happens.

thnx,
First of all - that's a pretty tractor. Nice and clean.
I have the Tractor Supply Company version of the Pats easy change. I too (like you) had issues lining up everything and was using a crow bar to move implements around to line them up and when I got the easy change all that stopped. It does add a few inches to your lift arms and I found I needed to get a slightly longer top link to get my plow set up correctly.