Lost all the coolant today

/ Lost all the coolant today #1  

MoPops

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225, John Deere X540
Well, I guess I was trying to move a little too much brush. A branch got up under the front end and popped off a coolant line.
I was moving some "just cut" downed timber off the field. Making a brush pile.

I heard a funny sound under the front end. Got off to check things and coolant was pouring out from beneath the radiator.
Saw this hose, which I sure don't recall seeing before.

I have been trying to find where it came from. It surely got pulled off by a branch going back up under the front end.

Any suggestions. I shut the tractor down, and left it there. Can I run it back to the barn. (About 800 yards.)

I hope I don't have to call Bobcat tomorrow.

I guess I should have been a bit more careful.

Attachments

• image-3562295294.jpg
    image-3562295294.jpg
    901 KB · Views: 204
  • image-1752398193.jpg
    image-1752398193.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 287
   / Lost all the coolant today #2  
Well, I guess I was trying to move a little too much brush. A branch got up under the front end and popped off a coolant line.
I was moving some "just cut" downed timber off the field. Making a brush pile.

I heard a funny sound under the front end. Got off to check things and coolant was pouring out from beneath the radiator.
Saw this hose, which I sure don't recall seeing before.

I have been trying to find where it came from. It surely got pulled off by a branch going back up under the front end.

Any suggestions. I shut the tractor down, and left it there. Can I run it back to the barn. (About 800 yards.)

I hope I don't have to call Bobcat tomorrow.

I guess I should have been a bit more careful.

MoPops, where does that line run from and to? My tractor is somewhat different, but could it be the one that runs to the coolant overflow bottle?

/ Lost all the coolant today
Well. It looks serious. The tubing I was looking at is apparently a vent line for the front axle. I don't know if it goes anywhere.
The problem is the bottom of the radiator. I cracked the housing where the main hose comes out of the bottom of the radiator.
This will require the Bobcat dealer to get involved. I guess I'll find out if they can work on it, and how $$ it'll be.
Pic of bottom left radiator. I'm screwed.

Attachments

• image-191222259.jpg
    image-191222259.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 304
   / Lost all the coolant today #4  
Ouch :(

Do you have any extra armor in front of the radiator? I have to do that before I get to crazy with cleaning up the woods or we'll be in the same boat.

/ Lost all the coolant today #5  
Well... crap... I don't think I am going to be much help.. Sorry to hear about that .. No the vent line for the axle, just needs to be tied back up so that water does not get in it. It doesnt go anywhere on the open end, just tied up and I think it points down

I wonder if JB weld would hold it. If I got the plastic back in the right spot.. I think there's too much pressure, but I'm not sure.

/ Lost all the coolant today #7  
JB may work , but would you want to trust it???????????? I once fixed a plastic swimming pool pump that cracked with JB and that ran at 30 to 40 psi, well less than the the pressure of a radiator. Lasted for years.

/ Lost all the coolant today #8  
JB weld might hold it enough to get it to shop or even to use it for awhile waiting for a radiator. I wouldn't want to trust it very long. Leave the radiator cap loose and not work it too hard.

I limped it back to the barn. I won't be back up there until Fri. Not sure what I'm going to do.
I might be wrong, but I'm guessing this won't be a warranty claim..:eek:
Calling the dealer later today, and I'll see what they say.

/ Lost all the coolant today #10  
There was some radiator warranty claim issues that I recall but I think they were older models since been have been updated I believe. Plus I don't think it was cracking/splitting . That does look like you hit it with something those sticks are a real pain I had trouble with them also I was afraid I was going to break the glass in my cab or puncture something in my radiator also when I was moving brush yesterday. Hopefully the bill won't be too big so far everything I have had to deal with with bobcat those guys have been fantastic hopefully you'll have the same luck. Let us know how it turns out