First service

/ First service #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
Well just made appointment for the 50 hour first service on the CT 225 not sure what I'm in store for but I'm going to have them add a set of dual remotes while it's in. And I think that loader hydraulic pressure might be off a bit. Doesn't seem to have the lift that it should. Also thinking about going with synthetic is that what you guys use?

/ First service #2  
I'm getting ready for similar. Pcked up the filters last week. Going to go with synthetic mainly for the operating temp range. Good choice on the remotes. Money well spent.

/ First service #3  
I am using dino and changing it each year. I use Traveler or Phillips 66 TH fluid. I use Bobcat filters. I am in the camp that synthetic oil is only beneficial if you stretch your maintenance or are an extreme user. Tons of tractors have went 5000+ miles with dino.

/ First service
Just got back from getting the remotes installed they were not able to do the service did not have all the filters they needed in stock. Seems like that would've been a priority being so I had an appointment oh well bought what they had and will do it myself. Picked up some royal purple 15w-40 to day and the rest of filters from kioti dealer. TSC had a sale on the transmission oil (8 gallons wow) couldn't find any synthetic other than royal purple in that weight of oil. Rotella and Mobil 1 both offer synthetic in 5 w 40 but manual does not call for this weight. I thought it would have been a good choice but was afraid to stray from what manual lists.

/ First service #5  
I went with synthetic at the 50 hour. I haven't changed the oil since. At 130 hours, I can't get over that it's still transparent. It's the cleanest burning diesel engine I've ever seen.

/ First service
lockport, im pricing backhoes how easy is the 7th to get on and off? can the 3 point linkage stay on? does the sub-fram stay on? would you recommend it? any problems?

/ First service #7  
Tman, sorry just saw your question and I don't log on enough anymore. See my reply under your post "Buying Advice...". The subframe did not stay on the tractor with the 7TB and that's it's biggest flaw. Where the heck do you put? I failed to research it when I ordered and was stunned the first time I took it off. I once had a little Woods 6000 and I was sure they're were all the same and fairly certain the bigger Woods units are, but after my experience I would get assurance from Woods. Albeit, if theirs doesn't, perhaps there isn't one in that size that does permanently mount the subframe. That being said, the Woods is still a stronger hoe. I regret not getting one.