Buying Advice wanting a backhoe for a ct 225

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #21  
I can get you some pictures when I get back home but it won't be till after Thanksgiving. I don't recall doing any modifications when I attached it. Other than being hard to do everything by yourself, I don't remember issues.

I have been very happy with mine. I have done a lot of things with it that really saved my back and things I didn't think it would do.

The only thing I don't like about it is the cylinder for the bucket and main arm leak off quick. I don't see any visible leaks but they do leak off.

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #22  
Wow! Thanks for that, Galaxie!

After Thanksgiving is just fine for my timetable. I want to wait until December to pull the trigger on the backhoe, so your timing works pretty well for me.

I have about 600 ft of trench to do this coming Spring, to replace the PVC waterline to my house. Whoever did the original job was lousy at cementing PVC joints, so every time I turn around there's another leak. I have the dubious distinction of having the biggest water bill in my town's history... one million gallons! Fortunately, I got that leak fixed and the City was kind enough to reduce the bill to something more like normal. The new line will be 2" black poly with welded connections, which should solve the leak problem for a very, very long time.

The most daunting part of the waterline job will be working around the buried 25KV power line that runs to the transformer at my house. If I'm lucky, I won't even have to cross that line, but you never know. Being cautious is a very good thing around power lines like that.

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #23  
Dave,

My frame extends from the back of the tractor up to the cross member for the FEL where it gets bolted on with three bolts as shown in the attachment. I hope this helps. If you need more pics, please let me know.

Attachments

• Backhoe Frame.png
    Backhoe Frame.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 120