Buying Advice wanting a backhoe for a ct 225

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
hello all, im in the market for a backhoe for my ct225. I'm planing on a frame mount but not sure which way to go so far. I'm looking at bobcat 7 tb, rhino 75 or woods bx 80(also open to other brands). not sure which is best. bobcat 7tb seems like a good choice but no close dealer and discontinued. rhino is closest dealer but 800 more dollars. woods seams nice and the largest but local dealer is way way way out of line with price and knowledge. so a long travel to more knowable and realistic dealer but still aprox 1200 more dollars. good quality and easy on off are first priority and not having to remove 3 point linkage or cab also a must. any info or experienced advice would be greatly appreciated.

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #2  
FYI the Bobcat backhoe is built by Rhino. A Bobcat dealer that still has a 7TB but is out of tractors may be willing to cut a pretty good deal.

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225
Thanks SS Doxie do you happen to know if you have to remove the three-point linkage in order to run the bobcat/rhino backhoe?

Also has anyone tried to put a 8 tb on A ct 225 I know bobcat recommends the 7tb but was wondering if the eight would fit and if it would be too much for it or not. I came across on a good deal on one. I noticed woods offers an 8 foot backhoe for this size tractor.

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #5  
I have a woods BH-80X on my ct230 and have been pretty happy with it. I don't have to remove the 3pt arms but I do have to pull the pins for the support arms that keep the 3pt arms in place and then raise the 3pt arms all the way and as close together as they can. It takes me about 10 min to put the hoe on by myself, quicker with two people.

I compared the specs on the Rhino, Woods and it seems like another brand an the Woods seemed to be better in all categories. I have had to take it in to have a cylinder that was leaking off replaced but it was done under warranty. I am happy with it.

Check out Rosseels farm and garden, I got a heck of a deal on mine from them when I bought it. Even with the shipping, it was still priced lower than any other hoe I looked at.

Thanks for the info and tip I'll check them out. Do you think my ct 225 would handle a 8 1/2 footer? I found a deal on one. I know bobcat recommends a 71/2 and woods up to the 8. I only have 27 total hp. But I think frame size is the bigger factor.

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #7  
I can't answer that, maybe someone else will chime in. I do know that my 8 footer will move my tractor around quite a bit but I try to be easy on it. Your issue with the 8.5 footer may be trying to find a sub frame that fits it. Are you running the hoe from your rear remotes or do you need the PTO pump also?

I talked to Woods directly when I was looking at a hoe because I was going to buy their BH90-X which is the 9' and they said it was too much for my tractor. Plus, they didn't have a sub frame that would our frame.

Another member here turned me onto Rosseel's but they usually have some listings on EBay for hoe if you want to get an idea on price. I pd around $7400 for mine 4 years ago the sub frame was about $1k and I got the hydraulic thub which was about $1k. Shipping was around $280 to a local business that could unload for me. I would highly recommend the hydraulic thumb, it has been very useful at times. As I mentioned, thye were still cheaper than anywhere else I looked. That may not be the case anymore, I don't know.

Yes I have the hydraulic remotes I was hoping to use. That sounds like a good price for a woods my local dealer up here was pushing 13 grand for a complete set up that was kind of upsetting I feel like I was getting raped on the price and I have bought two tractors from them. that still did not include a hydraulic thumb or a pump. That's almost as much as I paid for the entire tractor and loader. Wallace offered me a very good price on a Woods but even with his help I still have a long drive to get to it and the woods is still considerably more than I've been quoted on the rhino or the bobcat. If it turns out that the 8tb will work out okay it will probably be my best deal. I know bobcat is not going to recommend it for my tractor but the specs on it are very close in size to the woods eight footer. My hopes were that I could modify the frame mount to fit my tractor but I want it to be done well and not make it harder to remove or install Going to have to rely on advice from people here. Thanks again for the help.

/ wanting a backhoe for a ct 225 #9  
I would think the backhoe would be really slow with only a few gallons of flow from the remotes.

Do you mean on the larger eight or on any Backhoe run-on remotes