Tractor
    30 hp Bobcat

Default Revved up then stopped, won't restart

Ct-230 Mowing along, reved up I shut off asap,, wont restart... Tried Fuel filter, New Elect Shut off, Seat switch works fine. No fuel to injector lines.....

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Revved up then stopped, won't restart

Oh-OH, that is the "classic" symptom of gears stripped off in the injection pump. What year build is it, and how many hours on it?
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    30 hp Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by SSdoxie View Post
    Oh-OH, that is the "classic" symptom of gears stripped off in the injection pump. What year build is it, and how many hours on it?
    2009 Ct 230 appx 1450 hours. Hydro, Really just been a trouble free workhorse till now... Thank you for response

Tractor
    30 hp Bobcat

Lead me to water.....gotta do this on my own......no warranty

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

2009 year should have been past that problem unless it is very early 09. Daedong changed suppliers of the gear sets in Fall 2008. Most of those failures I have heard of happened around the 500 hr. mark. Before diving into the injection pump verify you are getting fuel pressure (not just flow) to the injection pump. Take feed hose off from filter to injection pump and connect it to a small pressure gauge and crank the engine. Good fuel supply/lift pump should be pushing about 7 psi.

If you do need to go into injection, or replace it, post question in the Kioti forum you have same as CK30. A couple guys that frequent that forum are very good at explaining removal and disassembly.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Check with your dealer. Just replaced mine (injection pump stuck in closed position) under warranty 2009 model. My dealer told me the injection pump fell under a 5 year emissions warranty. What ever way you go, the pump is cheaper through Bobcat aprox. $800. Good luck.
    Skinnyman
    CT235, 72" Bucket, 48" Open Bottom Grapple

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Make sure your foot pedal is in the neutral position, otherwise it won't start.

If you read the forums regularly, or historically; there's a lot of mention that the Bobcat CT series foot pedal has a tendency to stick in position. Normally not enough of a problem for many people to fix as you just push the pedal in the other direction to stop the creep. But it does make a difference if you shut off the tractor while it's in that position. I must have spent 30 to 60 minutes troubleshooting the electrical and fuses before I realized that the pedal acts as a neutral safety switch preventing starting "in gear".